What is the best or worst Christmas gift

iVillage Member
What is the best or worst Christmas gift
Thu, 12-11-2003 - 5:45pm
you have ever gotten?

I was thinking about this question before I made the post and I had trouble coming up with the worst. But I think one year I got this portable curling iron that I never got to work. I have gotten a lot of Christmas gifts over the years and most of them were always wonderful so I can't so much pick out one specifically. :) Happy holiday

Kristina & Ani Rose 3/21/03   

"A child said, What is the grass

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-12-2003 - 2:31pm
The best by far is a tie between my video camera and my digital camera. I use them both a ton. The worst gift is a hard one... there weren't too many so its hard to think of one.

Jennifer

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-12-2003 - 3:09pm

I have thought about this all day and I think most of the things I end up with are pretty good gifts. The one thing I can think of that was really bad, My mom knows I like to cook but we got so much stuff from the wedding I was giving stuff to my brother when he got his own place. She gave me this plastic utensil set

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-15-2003 - 12:16pm
My worst gift ever was from my sister-in-law...last year she sent out a HUGE list of items that she wanted (none of which were under $50, which was a lot to us as we had just moved into a new home, paid for a wedding, etc). So we dutifully picked out an item and bought it for her...saved some money by shopping around, but still got something off the list. She asked us for a list so we picked out several inexpensive items (under $30) for her to consider as a joint gift. Christmas day, she's opening all her expensive gifts, getting great joy out of them all, and we enjoyed watching her open them don't get me wrong. As we're all about to leave, she gives us a margarine container (not just us, her whole family got one too!). Upon opening the margarine container we found some half baked, burned bottom shortbread cookies, misshapen, raw in the middle, and were told she didn't have all the right ingredients so she improvised! Upon closer inspection the container given to us still had margarine remanants around the top and bits of lasagna still stuck on the bottom! I know its the thought that counts, but jeez! At least wash the container out! So for everyone's big expenditures for her presents, she admitted that she only spent $20 on her family's gifts for recipe ingredients. I'm really tempted this year to give her a tin and some dish soap in the hopes that next year maybe I'll get lucky??? We'll see what we get this year...perhaps I can blame the gagging from looking at the cookies on the pregnancy! There is an upside!