Update: Me and FOB

iVillage Member
Update: Me and FOB
Tue, 01-06-2004 - 5:40pm
Hi! Just thought I'd drop by and give you all an update. I posted a while back (in Dec.)about the problems I was having w/ my fiance not helping out with his daughter at all. And that our relationship had started deteriorating as well since our daughter was born. How anyone can go from being so supportive and excited about having a baby, to not caring at is still beyond me. But, then I've never claimed to understand men. LoL!

Anyways, onto my update. Since I last posted he has started to take some iniative with our daughter. He'll usually change at least one diaper a day and give her one of her bottles. If he doesn't give her a bottle then, he'll makea few for me to give her. Not huge improvements, but at least he's started to do something. He still won't hold her just to cuddle with her or play with her, but I'm hoping that he eventually will.

He and I are fighting less, and have started sleeping in the same room again. I no longer have to ask him for a hug or kiss, he gives those freely on his own now. But he still won't say "I love you" w/o me saying it first. So there are still somethings that I really miss and I'm hoping that he's starting to come around and become once again the person I knew and fell in love with over 3 years ago. We still haven't rescheduled the wedding, but I'm waiting on that until I know for sure everything will be okay.

Just wanted to bring you up-to-date as my trip to NY w/ him to see our families and show off our little one is next week, and I am planning on coming home w/ him. So, that's definitely a plus, as I had intended to stay there w/ our daughter if things hadn't improved.

Thank you again for all your support and positive thoughts. And keep sending them my way! And congratulations to all the new moms-to-be who've posted and welcome all the new first time moms!

-Becky and Ilene

10-08-03

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-07-2004 - 8:32am
Hi Becky,

I'm happy to hear that things are looking up for you. I was wondering how things were going. So, I thank you for the update. I'll continue to send ~~~positive thoughts~~~ your way. Good luck and be safe throughout your trip. Let us know how it goes when you return. Have a good day!

Jennifer & Jake (6/6/03)

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-07-2004 - 7:17pm
Thank you very much for all your thoughts and support!

-Becky

Mom to Ilene

10-08-03