NEW MOM!!! SO SCARED I CAN'T THINK STR8

iVillage Member
NEW MOM!!! SO SCARED I CAN'T THINK STR8
Tue, 03-16-2004 - 10:34pm
Hi,

My name is Daria. I'm new to this club. I just found out that I'm pregnant w/ my first child and I'm sooo scared I've had butterflies in my stomach since yesterday (when I found out). I'm panicking!!! I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm not ready. Does anyone have any advise? Thanks!

-Nydia :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-17-2004 - 9:04am

Congrat's on your pregnancy and welcome to the board!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-17-2004 - 4:39pm

Nydia,

Welcome to our club. Of course you are scared being a mom is a big deal! I would be concerned if you weren't at least a little scared :) Don't worry, you have plenty of time to get adjusted to the idea. Try not to think of it as a huge change, just take it one day at a time. Even moms like me who planned their babies wonder if they are really ready. Your body is starting to release hormones (prolactin) that are preparing you mentally and emotionally for being a mother. Your body will make sure you are ready!

Happy and healthy pregnancy to you,

Your Community Leader Aimee, Mom to Marah-Jade 09/17/03

*Any information or advice provided is my opinon and not intended

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-01-2004 - 11:57pm
When I first thought I might be pregnant I bought a pregnancy test and it sat in a drawer for a week, finally in the middle of the night I went to the bathroom and took it. Positive! Needless to say I got no sleep that night, I was so scared, it seemed unreal to me, strangly though I was excited at the same time. This panick will pass, but being pregnant is no walk in the park, emotionally and physically, take care of yourself first of all, read as much as you can about being pregant and just try to stay calm. Your going to love your baby so much, one day about 9 months from now you won't be able to imagine ever feeling like you didn't want this. Being a mom is the most important and rewarding thing you'll ever do, and I promise it will come naturally. -Tracey
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-03-2004 - 1:25am
Here's my advice that NO one seems to tell people.

Elizabeth

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-05-2004 - 12:46am
I recently just had a baby in feb. There really is nothing to be scared about. The birth is really not that bad as everyone says it is.i went natural because i was told it is better for you and the baby and i tell people that are expecting that the pain is really wasy to deal with. Just wait to feel your baby move for the first time or getting to see it for the first time. Hope for the best for you.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-06-2004 - 9:58am
Take it one day at a time. Breathe and get plenty of rest. It was a shock when I found out, and I had to keep it a secret until almost 3 months into it. It was hard on the body and mind, so I took walks and 'talked' here if I had any questions.

You will eventually start feeling all the emotions (besides fear) and hopefully you have a great support group.

Keep us updated and don't hesitate to ask questions, no matter how silly or dumb you think they are..