Normal to be a bit sad?

iVillage Member
Normal to be a bit sad?
Wed, 03-17-2004 - 10:12am
My DH and I are expecting our first baby in November. I don't know why but I am not as overjoyed as I expected to be. We had been trying for 6 months, and I knew we were ready, but after we got pg, I don't know what happened. Is it normal to kind of feel depressed? I guess the horrible m/s isn't helping either. Someone please tell me these feelings are normal, and will pass soon!! I have wanted to be a mommy for so long, and now that it's happening, why can't I be excited??

Halloweensiggy.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-17-2004 - 4:33pm

I think it is normal. You may be feeling a bit of a hormone imbalance too causing the mood change? Once the m/s passes you will feel better. I felt so stinking tired the first three months I wondered what I had gotten myself into. I didn't actually feel excited until she was born. I was happy I was having a baby but wasn't excited until she finally came. Although I was very excited seeing her U/S pictures.

HTH,

Happy and healthy pregnancy to you,

Your Community Leader Aimee, Mom to Marah-Jade 09/17/03

*Any information or advice provided is my opinon and not intended

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-26-2004 - 12:32pm
I felt the same way when I was pregnant. I had horrible time during mine. M/S and pains and mood swings. But dont worry when you see your baby for the first time its all worth it! but be warned, the first couple of weeks after are hard too with your emotions and what not. I'm at 6 weeks post pardum (spelling?) and now i'm starting to feel great. tired but am getting used to it.

Bran and Elizabeth 02/10/04

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-10-2004 - 2:10pm
I hope that mood swings are normal, if not I need help!! I am also due in November and I am very moody - just ask my husband. A few days ago, I jumped down his throat for eating the last cream puff. I seriously thought I was going insane! I also worry about what the future will bring and at times feel sad and depressed. I even wonder if I will make a good mom. Then, I think about the fact that I have a baby growing inside of me and how I can't wait to hold him/her!

The whole thing is confusing but I bet when we hold our babies for the first time, the emotions and craziness will be all worth it!

Good luck!