First time mom of a 9 month old

iVillage Member
First time mom of a 9 month old
Thu, 04-01-2004 - 11:51am
Hi,

I'm new here, I'm 21 years old and had my daughter Madelyn 9 months ago. I would love to have some other moms, first time or otherwise, to chat with. None of my friends have children and I feel disconnected from them now, Does anyone know what I mean? Madelyn took her first steps one week ago, first steps! I couldn't believe it. Anyone else with a baby around the same age? I'd love to hear from you.

-Tracey
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2004 - 7:39am

I just turned 25 last week and my little guy is 3 months old. Most of my friends have kids but none around his age so I kind of understand what you mean. Congrat's on your baby's first steps! That is a major milestone :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2004 - 4:58pm

Hello and welcome to our board and to motherhood!

I am so happy for you. The first steps are the best! My DD is 6 1/2 months old and has only started to roll. I KWYM about being disconnected. I used to be the only friend without kids. Now that I have one she is way younger than everyone elses kids and they forget what it is like to have an infant!

*Any information or advice provided is my opinon and not intended as medical diagnosis. If in doubt please ask your doctor.

Happy and healthy pregnancy to you,

Your Community Leader Aimee, Mom to Marah-Jade 09/17/03

*Any information or advice provided is my opinon and not intended