How many proffesional pics have

iVillage Member
How many proffesional pics have
Tue, 04-27-2004 - 12:55am

you taken of your baby? We only went once so far when Roman was 4 months old. But I noticed so many other mommies started at like one month and are going every other month. I take so many of him at home but now I'm wondering if I should start taking him more portrait pics of him.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2004 - 2:20am
We've had 2 professional photos.

Elizabeth

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-27-2004 - 9:55am

We go almost every month but I love pictures. The ones when he was tiny didn't turn out as well as I thought they would. I like the props that the places have but noticed most places you have to speak up and say what you want in the picture or ask what they have or they just go through their routine.

We have a lot of family out of state so I need a lot of pictures to send out and it is easier for me to go and get the pictures done and send out all the extras.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2004 - 8:41pm
I have only gone twice, once at a month and once at 6 months. The pictures are expensive and my family could really care less about getting a ton of pictures.

*Any information or advice provided is my opinon and not intended as medical diagnosis. If in doubt please ask your doctor.

Happy and healthy pregnancy to you,

Your Community Leader Aimee, Mom to Marah-Jade 09/17/03

*Any information or advice provided is my opinon and not intended

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2004 - 9:32am
It's a family tradition for us to get them done every month for the first year.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2004 - 11:20am

Hi,

Lily is almost 11 weeks old and I have had her pictures taken about 4 times professionally. So I guess that's about every other week. But I'm not sure if I'm normal, I love pictures!! I'm trying to capture every minute of her growth... I'm sick - ha ha!!

I love your little graphics that you have! How did you do that? Did you make it?

The one thing I haven't had time to do is make up a new website for her. Who did you use and was it simple to do? Your baby is darling - soo happy!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lucy

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2004 - 10:04pm
Are you talking about my siggy line or Roman's websites? I made his first website when he was 4 months old, I started out with picturetrail.com, I think it's so easy! I think it's website num 1. Thanks!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2004 - 11:15pm
I am a photographer and we have a lot of moms who come every month, but most come 3,6,9,12months. Then like once a year after that, but thats the most common in the photography business.

Tricia

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-03-2004 - 2:16pm
I agree w/ Tricia. I was a photographer at both JCPenney and Sears. Personally recomend Penneys, they have more backrounds and enhancements, and you can tell them what you want. At Sears they started w/ a standard white, which makes some people (me) look really washed out. Sears also has a six shot policy, and if they don't get your six shots, they won't even let you have one. Where as Penneys knows that babies can be tempermental and one shot may be all you get, but it's your baby and you still want it.

I always made my sisters take the kids in for pics, as often as possible or for special events and promos. It was like pulling teeth to get the moms in there, but once they did they were more than overjoyed.

You can also never have enough pics. Kids will get into them, they will need them for school and they somehow seem to disapear, so always get extra.

Kim EDD 12/2/04