I got 3rd place*****

iVillage Member
I got 3rd place*****
Sun, 06-13-2004 - 8:44pm

I do demolition racing and every time I have gone to this track I have come in 4th place, just out of the money. Last night I came in 3rd!!! $100 and a trophy...woo-hoo!

When I was in the stands watching all the other races before mine a couple girls were talking about wanting to go out and do it and how it was realoly a guys sport. My dad told them I ws racing and they all said they wanted to cheer for me :) I was hoping I wouldn't get knocked out really early.

At the very end my car had a small fire under the hood, which happens sometimes when the cars sit, a couple leaves or mouse house while burn but just for a minute, So I kept running. I could really go anywhere and wasn't hitting anymore so they told me to cut it off. Then I realized that the fire under the hood was getting bigger. I tried to get the officials attention but no one noticed. I just hopped out and ran to the barrier wall and told them.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-17-2004 - 8:48pm
that is awesome!! we have a friend that used to derby but hasn't for a while & i miss watching him...i definitely would be afraid to do it myself! CONGRATS!!!!

Patti & Ilish (9/22/03)