"How I told my husband I was pregnant"..

iVillage Member
"How I told my husband I was pregnant"..
Mon, 07-05-2004 - 3:29pm

from Parenting Magazine June 2004. I thought if you didn't get a chance to read it I would share the ideas readers suggested...

"I put a pair of booties in a gift bag on the table for him to find when he came home from work. He knew as soon as he pulled them out of the bag."

"That night I set an extra place at the table, using a baby dish and spoon set."

"I brought the pregnancy test to his office and set it on his desk. He was even more surprised than I expected!"

"On the day I found out, I wrapped up a baby T-shirt and a card addressed 'To Daddy' and gave it to him"

"I told him I knew he's be an incredible dad one day---in about eight months!"

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-09-2004 - 10:29am
I wrapped up my positive pregancy test in a small gift box. When he got home from work I told him that I had a present for him. He had no idea what was in the box. When he opened the box his face lit up and he said "ARE YOU PREGNANT?!?". He was so happy when I told him "YES!!!!!"

~Chris

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-11-2004 - 1:37pm
dh was with me the morning i took a pg test...neither of us even expected anything of it & he was 1/2 asleep when i told him in was (shockingly) positive! but we also wrapped up one of the pg tests (yes, i had to test twice just to believe it myself) & gave it to his mother as our way of telling her...for my parents we bought a baby photo album for grandparents!

Patti & Ilish (9/22/03)