Very neat idea for moms

iVillage Member
Very neat idea for moms
Fri, 07-23-2004 - 6:34pm

My sister was going through some of Liam's stuff and she came across his journal and wondered what it was. My sister said that she thought it was so neat and had never thought of something like it. I had no idea that it was that genuine of an idea so I figure that I will share it.

Since I found out that I was pregnant I have kept a journal written to Liam but I write it as if I am writing to an adult. I write little thoughts, feelings, and things that we do and I plan on doing so until he gradutes from high school. When he gradutes I am going to give it to him. The journal is brown leather and very manly looking and one day I hope that it will make him smile.

I also keep the things that are more for me like the baby book, scrapbook, and

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2004 - 9:54pm
What a sweet idea. Tears welled up in my eyes when I read your post (sorry, even though I'm 9 months post-partum, I'm still really emotional LOL)

Thanks for sharing,

Jen

10/25

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-24-2004 - 7:50pm
That is so sweet! I have been video taping(which I started before Cade was born). I have been including things like when Hurricane Isabel hit, reading horoscopes, and now he is here mostly his 1st roll, him sleeping, etc. I never thought to do something more private and sentimental as a journal to him. Thanks for sharing the idea with us :)
Lilypie Baby Days

Photobucket