Anyone else...

iVillage Member
Anyone else...
Mon, 08-09-2004 - 2:11pm
this scared and anxious? I am completely consumed by being pregnant? It has become quite the obsession for me. I'm I feeling too much/not enough pregnant? My boobs aren't as sore as yesterday...is this a bad thing? There is that a normal stretching feeling in my stomach - or is that a cramp? Wait, I haven't noticed that stretching feeling in my stomach...I wonder if everything is alright? Let me check the tp...any spotting? Mmmm, no spotting, but there was discharge yesterday and not today - should I check with someone to see if this is normal? I read a,b,and c is normal in one post on the message board, but in another a person m/c after a, b and c...I better worry about that too!!! Headaches are a common symptom of increased hormone levels (alright, my headache is an okay thing), ah, wait, a headache could be a sign of m/c if accompanied by ______ - do I have______? I only woke up 2 times in the night to pee, the night before it was 3...is this a sign of a problem? I only felt nauseous a few times today - yesterday it was constant...should I be worried? I am reading into EVERYTHING. I keep telling myself after the u/s I will feel more assured...after the 1st trimester I will chill out...after he/she's 18th birthday I'll relax...:-)

Kim

EDD 3/27/05 ish

iVillage Member
In reply to: kimamas
Mon, 08-09-2004 - 4:47pm
I'm a self-proclaimed birth junkie!

Since I found out I was pregnant I read everything and anything I could find on pregnancy and birth. It eased a lot of my fears because I soon found out I didn't know much about pregnancy and birth. I'm glad I educated myself.

Now, here I am, five months after the birth of my daughter, still obsessed with pregnancy and birth and writing and researching a book on homebirth.

The worrying is normal, but I think only a few of us develop an obsession that lasts.

Congrats on your pregnancy! Try to relax and trust your body. It KNOWS how to grow babies and get them out!

Janna

www.billandjanna.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2004 - 6:23pm
You are soooooo normal LOL! I, and probably a LOT of us, went through or are going through the same thing. I thought that maybe next week or next month or next trimester I will relax, but I still have little worries here and there and I am 35 weeks now. There is always going to be something on your mind, ESPECIALLY because it's your first. So, if knowing that all your thoughts and worries are normal is reassuring, then hold onto that, otherwise hang on for the ride :)

Jennifer

edd 9-11 Nicolas Robert

http://www.jennifersdreams.com/baby

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2004 - 10:20am
Relax!! Its all new to all of us the first time. I think my blood pressure went up in sympathy reading your post. I think we all feel the same sense of nervousness/anxiety with each and every symptom and day that passes but I'm trying to hold on to two things that I've been told about pregnancy.

The first was something my Aunt said to my cousin who is exactly like me. My cousin was stressing and making a huge deal over every little thing. My Aunt finally reminded her that she isn't Eve! I laughed but its true. relax. this is the cycle of life and its wonderful but we aren't the first to experience any of this and I mean this in the best way. Thank goodness we are going through this at a time that the internet can give us so much info to calm us.

The second thing that I've heard (and I'm not sure if its an old wives tale or not) is that a calm & happy pregnant woman will have a calm, happy baby. This might not have a shred of truth to it but I'm clinging to it - desperately. I refuse to be anything but calm and pleased as I hope to have an easygoing, calm baby. An aggitated /cranky baby will make me want to pull my hair out one by one so I'm hoping to do everything to prevent this!!

Hang in there! I share your nervousness but know that we have a lot to learn and lets hope that all goes just fine!

Good Luck

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2004 - 1:48pm

{HUGS} to you! I know exactly what you are going through. I think everyone goes through that in the beginning. But what is a little comical is that you will be doing the same thing at the end. Checking the tp for spotting, discharge etc. worrying if you feel something or if you don't fell the baby or ..or...or...

You may never relax again, unless they are laying there taking a nap with you on the couch :) Which is very relaxing :)

Start a journal! That will help you put down on paper what you are feeling and it is nice to be able to look back.

H&H 9 months to all our preggies :)

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2004 - 2:25pm

Congrats on the little one, Kim. Try not to drive yourself crazy. LOL.

Liam was born on March 25, 2004 so I was at the exact same spot last year at this time. Everything that you are going through is very normal but you need to relax. The only thing I can tell you to expect over the next few months is to expect the unexpected! You are going through so many changes so that is what is causing all this. Now if you truely suspect a problem than you need to go to the doctor or the ER. I think that you are just going through the normal. I had problems with my first pregnancy and when things really went wrong I knew it without a shadow of a dought. It wasn't "I wonder" I knew something was very, very wrong. From what I have heard from other woman that had problems they knew it to.

Just relax and enjoy. The first few months are very confusing and I thought very uncomfortable. I was very thin and did a lot of stretching and growing very fast so I constantly thought that something just didn't feel right.

Good luck to you.