Am I crazy ?

iVillage Member
Am I crazy ?
Mon, 08-09-2004 - 7:40pm
When my husband and I finally decided to do it (I am 28, he is 32) it happened the first month. Shock! Now I am 9 weeks today and scared and sick! I am really sick, almost to the point where I wish I wasn't pregnant! It is effecting me at home, at work, at school. I have my first doctor's appointment tomorrow and I am going to ask for anything to help me get through the all day sickness I have had for the past month. I don't know why I didn't realize I would be sick, how could I have skipped that part? And what's worse is I haven't thrown up, I am just continually from the time I get up until I go to bed, sick to my stomach. I am eating, not really good healthy food like I would hope, but whatever I can stomach. This also makes me worry because I should be exercising and eating healthy. Part of me wants to do everything I can to be healthy and part of me is ready to give up! Is anyone else as sick as me, and am I just weak and cannot handle it? I hear this goes away by the 2nd trimester, but that doesn't sound good knowing I still have a month to go :o(
iVillage Member
In reply to: jesca4u
Mon, 08-09-2004 - 10:00pm
Youre not crazy. Every woman goes through this. Ive been told it gets better in the 2nd trimester. Youve gone 9 weeks, dont give up now. Just keep telling yourself youre not the only one. When you have that baby in your arms you will know it was all worth it.

Hang in there!

Robbin

29/NC/5th week

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2004 - 8:36am
i can totally empathize. i haven't had any actual sickness, but i just kinda feel "icky" all day. i try to eat and that usually does help, but it's hard trying to figure out what to eat when you look at food and nothing seems appetizing. i always said if i had kids i'd have 2 but one may be enough after all this. i'm kinda wussy when it comes to feeling like this too. everyone just keeps saying it's worth it though so i'm looking to the good stuff later on. best of luck to you. remember to just have saltines and ginger ale near by.
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2004 - 9:52am
My sister had a particulary nasty bout of nausea during her first pregnancy and just when she was coming out the other side of this part of her pregnancy - her doc suggested she try citrus fruits to calm her stomach.

it worked - enough so that she was upset he hadn't said anything earlier! you might want to try this and I hope this helps.

Good Luck.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2004 - 1:43pm
You are not crazy! You are sick. I was the same way. I am now at week 16 and starting to feel better. Up until a few weeks ago, I was green and sick as a dog all day and sometimes into the night. It got so bad I was scared to wake up just to have it start all over again. Like you, I was completely unprepared to feel as bad as I did. It was also hard for my husband because I was not much of a partner, considering I was either lying on the couch or standing over the toilet.

Hang in there. Know that you're normal and with a little luck you will start to feel more like yourself again soon.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-11-2004 - 6:20pm
Thanks for all the support. I went to the doctor yesterday and I am trying some new things to help with the pain. I have the crackers, gingerale, sea sick bands (and they seem to help) and now I am on 25 mg of vitamin b6 three times a day, and at night I take a sleep aid - that I don't need for sleep - but is suppose to help with the nausea. I tried it yesterday and I do feel soooooo much better today. Still struggling with eating right and not getting constipated, but I discovered lemon in my water will help me drink water. I use to drink water 24/7 but because the nasty acid taste in my mouth I just didn't want water, but I know I need it. I bought lemons and I love drinking water now. Oh I also tried ginger tea (such a strong pepper taste) and it seemed like it helped also. EDD 3/11/05 ~ only 7 long months to go!

Jesca
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-12-2004 - 4:28pm

You aren't crazy, welcome to pregnancy! I think that we all go through this. At least I know that I did. I was a nervous wreck and thought that I wasn't the right woman for the job. Now I have a beautiful son and I know that nobody can take care of him better than I can!

I was one of those lucky souls that never got morning sickness (thank you God!) but my SIL had it so bad she had to go into the hospital for malnutrition. I found some things called preggie pops and I sent them to her. She said that they helped. You can locate them at www.preggiepops.com.

Good luck you and Congrats on the little one.