Good News/Bad News/OK News.

iVillage Member
Good News/Bad News/OK News.
Wed, 08-11-2004 - 4:09pm
Hi there,

Good News - I got passed my on the road - driving test yday (26th week.

Bad News - I have gestational Diabetes - came to know yesterday.

OK News - My moving back to my country is postponed till December as the Doc is not sure of travel in the GD scenario.

Thats my update - week 26 !!

Lux

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-11-2004 - 6:17pm
Hi Lux,

I have GD, too, so I know what you're going through. Are you seeing a dietician? I highly recommend you ask your doctor to recommend one so that you can get on a diet plan. It's really the best way to go if you don't know what diabetes is about. I had some idea since my husband is diabetic, but gestational is a lot more strict.

I hope that your diet will keep your levels down. Congrats on the driving test :)

Jennifer

edd 9-11 Nicolas Robert

http://www.jennifersdreams.com/baby

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2004 - 2:30am
Hi Jennifer,

I met with the dietitian and diabetes nurse, now I am one day old in the new healthy lifestyle routine. Started checking Blood sugar level - 4 times a day.

Todays readings were fine - but the diet kind of leaves me hungry :(

3 motnhs to go ..... !

THanks for the encouragement...it meant a lot

Lux

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2004 - 11:00am

I am sorry to hear about the GD but at least you have someone here to share advice with. You will be able to keep your doctor too :)

Way to go! You have your license now? Congratulations!!!

Good luck staying here. Is your DH going to be moving or will he be staying with you? I am sure another great job will come along for him!

*prayers* that everything will turn out in your favor!

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2004 - 11:49am
Hubby is also gonna stick around till December as of now. And our BIG return will wait till the Doctor shows the green signal....It will be based on my postpartum recovery. Maybe he will manage to get an extention to the joining date till our return (he is sought-after for this JOB - so !) or he might consider the next opportunity.

I am relieved. Till now I didnt quite understand how much pressure I was under.

Happy about the license too - This is my third attmept. Lost the first two cos of bad timings. FIrst was right in the middle of morning sickness, slept off waiting in the test queue :)

Well, in my country there is an old saying "If you miss the first chance wait for the third chance - That will change the luck" - helps you not to lose heart after 2 failures :)

Feeling happy happy today - my fasting value is also come within range. My little one is okay !

May god bless you all