Cute ways to tell hubby?

iVillage Member
Cute ways to tell hubby?
Wed, 08-11-2004 - 4:43pm
Anyone have any cute ideas of how to tell my hubby? I'm trying to wait till friday (when I get back from my business trip)

Thanks!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-12-2004 - 8:29pm
I found some ideas on the internet and stories of what others had done, some required much more planning than I had patience for! I had taped a note on my belly under my shirt that said "our baby lives here" and when I came home and gave him a hug, the note crinkled, which made him wonder what was under there. (I did use cute stationary, so could add it to the scrap book). Good luck! Have a great weekend!

jen

EDD 8/30

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2004 - 1:19pm
My husband was stunned and confused by the site of the prenancy test I handed him when he came home. That was cute enough for me.

When we told other people, we had a cute way of doing it. My husband takes a lot of digital pictures. So, he usually has new photos to show people. Whenever we were visiting someone that didn't know, we'd show them a stack of new pictures. At the end was a picture of the Clear Blue Easy Digital Pregnancy test that said "Pregnant." The last picture was a profile of me holding up my shirt so you could see my (nonexistant) belly. Everybody seemed to really like that.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2004 - 1:41pm
since we found out unexpectidly that i was pregnant & dh was there for the "reading of the pg test" i didn't get to "tell" him...but i had always planned on switching the message in a fortune cookie to tell him he'd be a daddy...

Patti & Ilish (9/22/03)

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2004 - 2:54pm
My husband reacted the same way as yours when I handed him the test.. stunned and confused. I finally had to point out that he was supposed to be looking at the 2 pink lines and then had to tell him what it meant. He kept saying "Nu uh.." looking at it again, looking at me and saying "Nu uh.." over and over. It was funny.

Amanda

EDD 4/27/05

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2004 - 5:54pm
I haven't told my SO yet, so when I do I think I'm going to put a bun of some sort (probably a hamburger bun) in the oven and tell him to go look!
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2004 - 8:53pm

i always wanted to give my husband a teddy bear wearing an "i love daddy" t-shirt, or a wrapped up baby bottle that said the same thing,but i was out of town and i saw this ceramic shop which had a beautiful sculpture of a man with his arms around a woman nursing a child, there were no faces and the bodies were intwined with each other, it was just perfect and he loved it so much!!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-14-2004 - 3:21pm
I took my pregnancy test right after my husband left for work. I was so excited that I knew I couldn't wait until he got home. He works just down the road so I called him and told him he needed to come home right away. I had put the test in a box and wrote "hi daddy" on the inside. When he got home he asked what was wrong so I pointed towards our kitchen and said there was something he needed to see (I had put the box on the table). He looked around, wondering what was wrong and I said "it's in that box on the table" He then asked with a scared look "is it alive?" I said he could look because I wasn't going to...so he poked the box to see if "what was inside" would move! He opened the box with outstretched hands and just go this big smile on his face and then asked if it was a joke! It was the funniest thing I have ever seen.
~Melissa Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers