upto date and questions/ 7 wks

iVillage Member
upto date and questions/ 7 wks
Tue, 08-17-2004 - 3:50pm
Well its been a few days since my last post I wanted to keep you guys up to date on my preg. Last week I started bleeding twice and had some cramping so I went to the ob/gyn and had my ultrasound early(was susposed to go on the 23)I am now 7 weeks. The dr said that the babys heartbeat was 95 beats per mn. and that it was low, for me to go to bedrest for a couple of days. I was so worried. I went back yesterday for another ultrsound and the beats per min. is now 120 which he said is normal and is taking me off the threatened miscarriage. I am excited and relieved but then I got home and I am bleeding for a short time. Could that be from pooking me? My question is how can a week make or break a miscarriage? Should I be worried. Any suggestions.

sayyouwill
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2004 - 4:55pm
You should tell your doctor if you have any bleeding. It was definitely bleeding and not spotting? Not that you actually have anything to worry about because sometimes that can happen, but not something you should just let go either :)

Jennifer

edd 9-11 Nicolas Robert

http://www.jennifersdreams.com/baby

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2004 - 9:31am
Let your doctor know. It is best to be on the safe side and be cautious about it now. Just take it easy, and hopefully everything will be fine.

I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months.

(((HUGS))) and take care.
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2004 - 10:53am

The bleeding could be from being examined but it most likely would only be a little spotting. You may have to be put on bedrest a little while longer so your cervix can tighten up. For the baby's heartrate to come up so nicely and your doctor to be that optimistic, sounds good :)

The time when a miscarriage is less likely is after you see a heartbeat and after the 1st trimester. It can happen at any time but the likelyhood dramatically drops

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2004 - 12:45pm
Thanks. I guess you could say it was spotting. It went away quickly so I am not going to worry. My husband just thinks its just to tight in there and that the baby will have a hard time coming out. lol I think that is very funny.

sayyouwill