What is the funniest thing someone has..

iVillage Member
What is the funniest thing someone has..
Wed, 08-18-2004 - 1:45pm
said to you about your pregnancy(or once you have the baby)? It could be your SO/DH, your neighbor, friend, mother, whoever. Share your funniest tale.

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-19-2004 - 6:13pm
Someone at work asked me yesterday when I was going to get fat. I am 11 weeks tomorrow and I said I am not planning on it actually ~ I am planning on skipping that part :o)

Jessica

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-19-2004 - 8:20pm
Well just this morning someone that I was playing an online game with said, when I told them I am 8 months pregnant, "wow, you must be big as a house!" I'm like geeeee, thannnnnks! lol!

I also had a friend say to me a few months back "It must be so hard to be so large" Oy! lol!

Jennifer

edd 9-11 Nicolas Robert

http://www.jennifersdreams.com/baby

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2004 - 12:58pm

When I was growing out of my clothes and into my maternity clothes I saw these funny t-shirts and had to get a few. I was walking through the office wearing a shirt that said "bun in the oven" and 2 guys stopped looked at me and said "why are you wearing that shirt?" "You're not pregnant, are you?"

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2004 - 3:05pm
If I didn't get married to the baby's father (which we had a committed domestic partnership at the time..) the baby wouldn't be real.

So I guess I'm having a fake baby?! lol

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2004 - 11:43am
LOL Good luck on your fake baby.

When I had my 2 neices for the weekend, the younger one (8) kept asking me when my baby was coming out and HOW it was coming out. I told her it'll pop out in about 7 months. She got so mad, telling me she wants it out NOW because she wants to see it and if it doesn't come out right now she'll be mad at it forever.

My other neice (10) was standing there, looking at me in my bathing suit and says "You know, you really are getting fat." I was like thanks a lot! lol

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2004 - 2:46pm
Actually the funny comment was made to my mom....

What happened was my mom was talking and saying that she didn't know whether I was going to carry the baby in my breast. Meaning whether my breasts were going to be the part of my body that gets really big while I'm pregant. However, she didn't explain this at first. And my younger brother who is 16 heard her. And he looked really puzzled, shocked, and confused like..."Carry the baby in her breast?"

And I thought that was SO funny when my mom told me about it. I'm sure he was wondering how is she going to carry a baby in her breasts!?! That was funny!!

Lady J

EDD: 2/17/05

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2004 - 4:33pm
I asked my 2 yr old niece if she wanted to see a picture of Aunt Missy's baby. Of course she said "Yes!", and when I showed her my sonogram, she stared at it, quite confused for a couple of minutes not saying anything. Then she pointed at the baby's round stomach and said "But that's Uncle Dave's belly!"

Missy, Dave and Baby Zachary

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2004 - 6:18pm
Speaking of buns in the oven, when I was in my first tri at work this spring I told a co-worker I had a bun in the oven. He was on the computer doing work and just responded with a vague "oh" and went back to work. A minute later some of my friends who heard it started laughing, so we said "Hey Jim, do you know what bun in the oven means?" Apparently he didn't so he started laughing. He's known in our office for being kind of dumb when it comes to the English language. He happens to be a history teacher.

Andria

mom to Samuel Luc born 12/8/2004