The great bottle debate.....

iVillage Member
The great bottle debate.....
Fri, 08-20-2004 - 8:33pm
Hey everyone.

I was wondering if I could get some opioins from the moms already and even the moms to be. I will be bottle feeding, and was wondering. Which do you gals think is better, the regular old time bottles or the playtex (drop in bag ones)?

I always figured the liner bottles where better, more sanitary and so forth, but I think they would be a pain in the butt after awhile. LOL.

Thanks a bunch

Deanna

EDD: 3/17/05

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2004 - 9:15pm
I was just at a breastfeeding seminar and discussion of turning to bottle feeding when some of the women were going back to work came up and the concensus was that the baby tends to decide which one he/she likes depending on the nipples. Now, I remember those distinctive Playtex nipples that really weren't like the others, so I don't know if they make others. As far as keeping burping down to a minimum, supposedly they are better than most. But there are soooo many out there that claim to do this or that better than the others lol Really all you can do is try one and see how it goes :) Good luck!

Jennifer

edd 9-11 Nicolas Robert

http://www.jennifersdreams.com/baby

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2004 - 11:45pm

I BF for the first 6 weeks but tried to pump and get a little supply going. We have the Playtex with the drop in liners. We ended up switching nipples 3 or 4 times before I found the rounded natural shape ones. He just couldn't get a latch on the other nipples and would get so frustrated.

We didn't use regular bottles so I don't know if you can get replacement nipples but I love that about Playtex that all the bottle parts and nipples are interchangable.

Having to buy liners is a pain but only having to sterilize the nipples is nice. We put everything in the dishwasher to sterilize anyway. And if you forget one in the car, you can throw away the worst stinky part and not have to worry about washing it.

I know the Playtex Nursers are a little more expensive than regular bottles but if we have any more babies we will definitely use them again.

Lilypie Baby Days

Photobucket

<