3 weeks left!

iVillage Member
3 weeks left!
Sat, 08-21-2004 - 7:42pm
And boy I hope it's sooner! I had my 36 week appt on Thurs and learned I am not dilated at all. I really thought that I might be at least a little from all the contractions and pressure and pain I've been having.

I was in the tears the other night and last night because Nicolas just gets really active before I go to sleep putting so much pressure on my cervix and pelvis. I am so sore in the spots he hits the most. It's amazing how strong he is. I just hope it doesn't continue every night, I'm having such a hard time coping. I only have 3 weeks left I know, but boy is it getting hard.

We're all ready to go, though so that's good. We can't wait to meet him!! :)

Jennifer

edd 9-11 Nicolas Robert

http://www.jennifersdreams.com/baby

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: jennifergwl
Sat, 08-21-2004 - 9:09pm

I really feel for you. At least my little guy would sleep for a couple 3 hour periods at night but I was always up at 4am when he started having a party in there...lol.

I swore I was going to go early and kept getting "you haven't had that baby yet?" or "I really don't think you can get much more pregnant"

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-21-2004 - 9:41pm
Isn't it amazing the energy and room they make in there? lol

I've been saying for a while that I have this feeling I am going to have him early, but it seems my feeling is off lol When people ask me when I'm due, they are like oh wow you have a while to go and they look at me as if they are thinking I should've had him by now. I'm all baby so I've been showing further along than I am the whole pregnancy.

Well I know he's dropped and he's in position, but I haven't heard the the word engaged yet. He's definitely low and I get terrible stabbing pains to my cervix and pains in the pelvic bone. If that's engaged, well then he is! Actually I have had a sonogram every week and on Thurs they estimated him to be 7lbs 2oz, the week before 6lbs 7.5oz and the week before 5lbs 4oz. So, he's definitely growing. My GD has been totally diet controlled, too, so I was hoping he wouldn't get too big. If he makes it to the due date he could be in the 10lbs range if he continues growing like this. Course, I learned the weight estimates can by off by more than a pound either way which is a lot, but I hope it's in my favor - smaller lol!

Well, it's that time and he's starting his little party. I think I better go to bed lol

Jennifer

edd 9-11 Nicolas Robert

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-22-2004 - 3:02pm

I am getting so excited for you! I remember going for the glucose test and I prayed my butt off while

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2004 - 6:23pm
Hi Jennifer,

All the best to you on ur BIG DAY. I am sure u will have a cherished experience and will enjoy every bit of ur life with good spirit and happiness. Waiting to hear the news of Nicolas's arrival :)

By the way, is ur GD still under control thru diet-exercise ? U managed without Insulin ?

Love,

Lux

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2004 - 6:32pm
Thanks! :) It's just so weird to think there is going to be this little person in the house with us!!! We put the carseat in the car today, boy was that a project, my Grand Am GT is not meant for a family lol! Next time we will have to go roomier!

Yeah it's nice to keep an eye on him every week. My silly little baby moving all around in there is just too cute! :)

Jennifer

edd 9-11 Nicolas Robert

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2004 - 6:36pm
Thank you so much :) Yes, I have kept it under control with diet, as far as exercise, I haven't been. It hurts too much to walk these days, I don't know how I could exercise lol! I still have to wonder if I really have GD. Last night I decided to have chicken parmesan at a restaurant. First time I ever cheated on the diet and it took some coaxing from my husband, but it turns out I didn't cheat because my one-hour level was only 115! I mean how does a diabetic get away with that!? I'm glad I did, I felt so guilty! I was so scared to check my sugar, too! But I did fine, so that's good :) Not that I will be doing that again or anything, it was enough stress to worry about the one time lol!

Jennifer

edd 9-11 Nicolas Robert

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2004 - 8:49pm
those 3 weeks will fly by!!! this is such an exciting time for you! at least you are ready to go...i remember the weeks before my due date & i was NOT ready to go!! i was convinced that remaining pregnant forever would be just fine...i was rarely uncomfortable though, so you have even more reason to hope for the big day to come soon! i also thought i would go fairly early but it ended up that Ilish was born just a week early. good luck & make sure you let us know when Nicolas arrives!
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2004 - 6:21pm
Well that's the thing, throughout most of my pregnancy I wasn't uncomfortable at all, but the last trimester has been really tough whether it was my hips hurting when I sleep to now him putting a lot of pressure and pain on my cervix. Sometimes I can't walk, I have to stop and stand there for a while and even then it hurts. So, it's hard at times, but it's certainly something I am willing to go through :)

I will definitely let you guys know :) :)

Jennifer

edd 9-11 Nicolas Robert

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2004 - 10:52pm

You seem to be in good spirits entering the final stretch. It seemed like the last few weeks took forever. It is so funny looking back because when I was pregnant I kept thinking "Is it ever going to end?" and five months later it doesn't seem like I was pregnant for long at all. I guess that is how there are women with more than one child LOL. Good luck to you and keep us posted. If you need any advice on the labor or a pep talk just email. My labor was supposed to be a really rough one and I came out saying that it was so much easier then I ever anticipated.

The fun is just about to begin. Big hugs!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2004 - 11:37am
I'm trying to be, when he starts hurting me for periods of time, it's hard to hold it together, but usually it's at night when I am super tired that I have a hard time handling it, so I'm doing pretty good :)

As for labor, I am totally freaked about the idea of tearing or an episiotomy. I was watching Baby Story last night and one woman got an episiotomy and I guess the doctors mike was really close to her because you could hear the snip of the skin. Now I am REALLY freaked out!!!! lol! I so don't want either to happen! Hopefully I will be a lucky one.

Thanks :) I will let you know if I have anymore worries lol!

Jennifer

edd 9-11 Nicolas Robert

Pages