How did you tell your husband?

iVillage Member
How did you tell your husband?
Mon, 08-23-2004 - 5:24pm
I'm looking for a neat way to tell my husband that I am pregnant. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2004 - 9:29pm
no ideas, because my husband was the one that told me!

i took the test, went into the kitchen to set the timer, and he went into the bathroom to run a bath and he told me that it was positive!
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2004 - 2:33pm
Does he even know there's a possibility? If not, I'd tell him you went shopping and bought an outfit. Tell him to close his eyes and you'll show him. Have a little yellow onesie in hand when he opens them. Haha. I always imagined I'd do it that way...didn't quite happen, though. :o)
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2004 - 3:22pm
I found out I was pregnant on the day of our move (to a new state). A few days prior, BF had said to me, lets put the computer stuff in the den instead of the 2nd bedroom and just make that a guest bedroom or whatever. Well I guess it was meant to be. When he came home after the move (he had to work that day so I got to do all the fun with the movers), I asked him what he thought about it being a nursery? It was a nice little way of telling him but it only worked because of our move and what "he" decided to do with the pc stuff.

Does Hubby have any favorite sport teams? Or any hobbies? My friend bought a little shirt with hubby's team logo on it and gave it to him as a gift. It did take him a few min to understand but it hangs in the babys room now.

Good luck in however you tell him.

Leyann

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2004 - 4:16pm
I found out the week before his birthday. I tried my hardest not to tell him till his birthday but I couldn't wait that long.

I took my 2 home test I took and wrapped them in birthday paper and gave them to him. He opened it and looked at it for a few seconds, I had to say "What do you think that means?", then he caught on what they were! LOL

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2004 - 8:13pm
How about cooking a meal consisting of "baby" carrots, "baby" back ribs and so forth? Might take a while for him to figure out, but it would be fun!
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2004 - 11:49pm
This worked because we both work from home. But I slipped the positive slip that the doctor gave me into his mail and watched him as he sorted through it. I've never seen him smile so broadly. :-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-11-2004 - 10:39pm
I read in my pregnancy magazine that deana carter bought her husband a happy meal from mcdonalds and replaced the toy with the positive pregnancy test and baby shoes. Then she said something like "They're giving out the craziest toys these days"

I wish I had read that before I told my dh, I just called him at work left several messages with his sister to have him call me and so on. Then i could barely get it out of my mouth. LOL maybe next time!
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-12-2004 - 12:59am
I was going to put the test in an enveloppe and put it with a daddy pregnancy book, but in the end I was so shocked I just walked in to the bedroom and told him we were the most fertile couple ever!

Jessica
Mom to Clara 05/17/05
Expecting a second little one EDD 08/11/07

Check it out!
I sell Usborne Books!
  • Gottalovereading.com
  • AND I sell aswesome BabyCrazy prod
    iVillage Member
    Sun, 09-12-2004 - 1:04am
    This is how I just told my parents (because I couldn't keep a it a secret from my husband for more than five minutes)... but it was really fun.

I ordered customized fortune cookies and then made up a poem to put on the fortune... The poem read

Boy or girl, it's to early to say

I'm so excited to tell you

Our new baby will be here in May

Then I ordered chinese food and we had a normal dinner with my family. At the end, I made sure that everyone had the same fortune cookie, and as soon as they opened the cookie and read the fortune, the cat was out of the bag!

You can order these cookies online at www.specialfortunecookies.com. They're not that expensive and you get 40 cookies for like $20, so you can use them to tell a bunch of people! Just hope that you don't get sick of Chinese food!

Good Luck!

iVillage Member
    Mon, 09-13-2004 - 7:26am
    I had bought a Father's Day card back in June to have on hand when I got a BFP. I just got the results last week! :) I wrapped up the test (in a plastic baggie) and bought DH a baby name book and two father-to-be books and wrapped them all up. It was the hardest 12 hours in my life waiting from the morning test to that evening to give him his presents at dinner. Ahhh! When I gave him his little pile of goodies he had no idea what I was doing and why I was giving him presents (his birthday's not until February and so he actually had to stop and think of when his b-day was because he was so confused).

I had him open the test first and he looked at me and said, "You're pregnant?!" To which I grinned broadly and just started to cry. He was amazed that I kept it a secret as long as I did - but I couldn't have lasted more than that.

Since then we've told most of our immediate family members - still waiting to tell his brother and his wife, and my sister and BIL. Hopefully they'll return my phone calls today! I hate telling others without them knowing, you know?

Congratulations everyone!

Lilypie Baby Days
    ~* Jill

Pages