Stressed...can't eat

iVillage Member
Stressed...can't eat
Wed, 08-25-2004 - 8:49am
Hi ladies-

I'm really worried about myself. DH has managed to stress me out with his job issues that I'm constantly worrying about making ends meet and I can't concentrate on tasks for too long, and worst of all...I'm not eating. I've been forcing myself to eat something (for the baby's sake), but it won't stay down. So, I'm barely managing one meal a day (if that), but I'm taking my prenatals religiously. I'm hoping that the vitamins will help a little bit. What should I do? Should I contact my OB?

~Lakesha

EDD 02/11

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2004 - 12:02pm
Tell me about such stress and I will perfectly understand. I had been thru terrible stress due to DH's job, our moving to another country and such things and I didnt have anyone but this board to discuss things out.

I felt exactly the same, couldnt concentrate on even the simplest of routines, and never felt hungry, eating was so irregular and just out of guilt. I ended up having GD and now I think that was the best thing that could happen to me at that time - I was put on a diet routine with careful instructions to follow, I need not apply much of my brain.

Still those stress issues are there, and 2 days back I again freaked out - then again realised that whenever i stress myself out, I cannot keep the sugar levels controlled.

I am trying to make the best of this awareness and hoping to get the focus right back on to the baby.

DH is big enough to handle things himself, but the baby has only one link to the world right now, thats you alone. So just promise urself that for the coming so many mnths, U will have ur focus and attention fixed on the miracle that is happening to you....And try working out some positive thots like "eating right for baby bright"

This miracle will happen only few times in life, the stress and job related things will be forever !!

I understand what u are going thru, we have to get out of it as fast as we can and get our focus on the baby. I had been thru this and wouldnt want this happening to anybody on earth.

Just take care and pamper urself.

Prayers and hugs

Lux

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2004 - 12:21pm

{{hugs}} You could call your OB and see if there is anything you can take or anything they suggest doing for stress and eating. Also, have you talked to you DH about how much more stress his job issues put on you? Maybe if he sees how you feel about them he can tone them down some.

I hope you feel better soon!

Lilypie Baby Days

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2004 - 12:27pm
Step 2

Sit down with a piece of paper...fix timings 4 ur BF/luch/dinner and small snacks/milk in between as per requirement. try to include food that are healthy simple and light. drink PLENTY of water.

Stick to this chart as much as possible.

When we are stressed the last thing that comes to our minds is what to eat/ when to eat and how much to eat.

If u manage to get it in writing, its more problable that u will stick to it.

It worked for me.

Lux