Hello everyone! I'm new and pregnant!

iVillage Member
Hello everyone! I'm new and pregnant!
Wed, 08-25-2004 - 12:55pm
Hello everyone! My name is Missy and I am 14w3d pregnant. I have never posted to a message board before. I'm not a big "internet surfer". I'm 34 yrs old and have been married for 3 1/2 yrs (although we've actually been together for 10 yrs). We weren't really trying to get pg, so it was pretty much a surprise. I was 1 week late, took an HPT and it came back negative! So I thought I may have miscalculated when my last period was, took another test another week later - still said negative !! After another few days, I knew I couldn't have been off THAT much, so called the dr, got bloodwork and it was confirmed! Did this ever happen to anyone else? I never had any symtoms, no morning sickness at all, no sore boobs, no extra peeing.. so with that, plus the 2 Negative HPT's - I really thought they were wrong! Then I went for my 1st sonogram about 1 1/2 weeks ago... and lo and behold - there was really a baby in there! A big baby at that! I was not expecting to see such a completely formed baby in there! Most sonograms I've seen just show this little spec in there. I was 11w4d, when I went and due to the size of the baby, they moved me up to being 12w4d pregnant! My little one was in there jumping around and kicking off the side of my uterus like he was in the olympics !! It was strange to watch on the monitor, because of all his activity, I couldnt feel a thing! Well, enough rambling....

Missy

edd 2-20-05

Missy, Dave and Baby Zachary

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2004 - 1:07pm

Congratulations on your little one and welcome to the board! It is pretty amazing how fast they grow and how much they can do so soon. I hope your pregnancy continues to be smooth sailing and you enjoy every moment of it! Keep me posted on how you are doing!

H&H 9 months!

Lilypie Baby Days

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2004 - 2:17pm
Hi Missy, Name is Janet (from Tulsa OK) 8 weeks prego. Same thing happened to me, I got 3 hpt's and they were all negative, finally got a blood test and that confirmed it.

Wow, way cool about the sonogram. I had my first ultrasound and my baby was just 6cm. small little blob.

congratulations and welcome to the board.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2004 - 6:40am
Hi there Missy, my names Cheryl and I'm gonna be 34 this coming Saturday. I'm also pregnant 2owks and 4 days. I could'nt believe I was pregnant either I done 14 pregnancy tests and it was'nt untill I went for my first scan and saw my Son in my belly that I actually beleived it, it was fantastic. Yep and he was moving around and sucking his thumb and everything just like yours! I have my second scan next Friday (3rd September) really looking forward to it. Do you have any other kids? I have a 16 1/2 year old daughter, my partner and I are getting married July 2005 and baby is due beginning of January. When are you due? How are you feeling! I was very lucky too no morning sickness but have had very sore boobs and they have grown so much I cant believe it!! Anyway congrats on finally believing you are actually pregnant there is a baby in there after all!!!

Cheryl

xxxxx

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2004 - 11:31am
welcome and congrats missy! so glad to have you here. i'm about 12 weeks along right now and we just heard the heartbeat on monday. it was so strong and fast. the doctor was surprised it was so clear. that made me very happy cause i felt like i wasn't making any progress. that's wonderful that you havent' had any of those nasty symptoms. look forward to getting to know you and i wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy! melissa
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2004 - 12:43pm
Thanks Cheryl! This our first child, and it still is hard to grasp that there is actually a living being in there that I'm carryin around with me all day and night! Congrats on you upcoming wedding! I know it prbably seems far away, but it does come quick (probably just like this baby will!) I am due 2/20/04 - so it looks like you get to go first! I want to know what the sex is, but that appt wont be until October. Cant wait! We're hoping boy - but I think its going to be a girl.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2004 - 1:47pm
It's hard to believe your pg when you dont have one symptom (excecpt of course, no period!) I'll be 15 weeks on Sunday, and I still dont feel pg! My stomach is a little bigger, but only like I'm bloated from my period, not because there's a baby growing in there! But it sure did help to hear the heartbeat and to actually see him in there. (I say "him", but we dont know yet!) I keep looking at the sonogram picture just to reassure myself! Didnt you get to see your baby at the sonogram at 12weeks?