New and nervous

iVillage Member
New and nervous
Thu, 08-26-2004 - 11:36am
Hello,

I am 5 weeks and 6 days-due April 2005.

This is my first and I am popping out fast-is this normal? Should I try to hide it or be proud and show my new belly off? Also, I experience a lot of cramping-is that normal?

iVillage Member
In reply to: married03
Thu, 08-26-2004 - 11:40am
Congratulations!! I am 7 weeks with my first and I am already popping out alot too. That kind of scares me because I didn't think my stomach would start getting big so quickly. I am already uncomfortable in most of my clothes when I am at work. I'm not sure about the cramping I haven't had too much of that, but my stomach is always bloated and I've been getting more migraines than usual.
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2004 - 1:37pm

Congratulations and welcome to the board!

I don't think I popped out really early but I felt bloated which made me really uncomfortable pretty early on. I do remember having cramps. I kept thinking my AF would arrive anytime and it never did so I took a test. I don't recall how long they lasted for but after that I had belly muscle cramps, low and on both sides, which were the ligaments starting to stretch.

Good luck and H&H 9 months!

Lilypie Baby Days

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2004 - 2:09pm
I was the same way, very crampy for almost the 1st 3 weeks after I found out. Felt just like I was going to start, but, obviously never did! I think it takes a bit for your body to figure out what's going on in there, and what its supposed to be doing! It does go away. But for me, right about the time I was supposed to start every month, I'd get "crampy" again for a day or two.

Missy

edd 2-20-04

Missy, Dave and Baby Zachary

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2004 - 1:10am
Ladies- your "popping out" is only water swelling. It's not the baby, yet. Your babies are not even 2 inches long! It will get there before you know it, no matter how long it feels like you're pregnant. I'm 29 weeks and it seemed like my pregnancy was taking forever, but when I look back on it, it flew by, so ENJOY IT, and be good to your babies! Congartulations.......

kim

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2004 - 7:48am
You have to do what you feel comfortable with, but I say show off that belly!

Andria

EDD 12/11

Andria

mom to Samuel Luc born 12/8/2004

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2004 - 8:38am
i'm starting to bulge a little but i'm at 12 weeks right now. i feel bloated more than anything which makes my clothes a bit snug. i get crampy sometimes, but it's usually just gassiness (tmi? :)) but if anything starts bothering you too much, definitely call your doctor. no question or concern should be overlooked. here's to a lovely pregnancy! melissa