The Waiting Is the Hardest Part...

iVillage Member
The Waiting Is the Hardest Part...
Fri, 08-27-2004 - 10:54am
Just strolled over from the September Expecting Club board... and so many there have already had their babies, that the rest of us are "the Waiters", and we're getting antsy.

I'm due 9/17, and it seems like the last 3 weeks is stretching out in front of me like an endless hallway in one of those "gotta pee" nightmares.

And it doesn't even seem to matter for women who have already had children; some of them are just as uncertain about when it will finally happen, as us first-timers.

So I'm trying to find ways to occupy myself, when I have less energy to get things done, and can't seem to focus too long on anything before thoughts of baby intrude.

So far, I've got sewing a baby hooded bath robe, sewing a little pumpkin suit for Halloween, buying birth announcements and getting them stamped and addressed, and getting a baby book on the to-do list of ways to keep busy.

Anybody else have ideas?

-Meg edd 9/17 for Langdon IV or Hope Martha

-Meg, wife to a wonderful mail carrier and mother to a 3-year-old daughter, expecting a son by homebirth VBAC soon!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2004 - 11:28am

I know you feel like ordering out every night right now but you will be even more tired and sore after you have the baby and feel less like getting anything together to eat. Some generous souls will bring you dinner when you come home from the hospital(or after you have the baby if you have a home birth) but that only lasts for so long.

Plan a weeks worth of dinners and freeze them. They will come in handy. I was kicking myself when I never did it because I was too tired and uncomfortable.

Lasagna freezes well, any kind of soups, basically anything that can be put in the microwave or in the oven is a lifesaver!

Lilypie Baby Days

Photobucket

<

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2004 - 2:41pm
Yeah, what's up with our Expecting Board? lol! You'd think we were on the August Board! I am anxious, too, especially since I have been checked twice and NOTHING! Good luck to you and hope it's soon!

Jennifer

edd 9-11 Nicolas Robert

http://www.jennifersdreams.com/baby

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2004 - 2:50pm
I hope to be doing yoga, meditating, walking, reading, having sex (good sex), talking to my friends on the phone, journaling, I don't know what else.

The freezing food idea sounds like a good one.

Andria

EDD 12/11

Andria

mom to Samuel Luc born 12/8/2004

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2004 - 2:56pm
I agree with Brandy. Cook, cook, cook and freeze some meals. I was lucky enough to have my mother around to cook for a while, but when she went back to work I barely had time to bathe, let alone cook. If I have more kids, I will definitely be freezing meals in the last month.

Hang in there, though. You won't be pregnant forever (unless you're going for a world record! :)

Janna