6 yrs of infertility...and now I'm pg!

iVillage Member
6 yrs of infertility...and now I'm pg!
Wed, 08-23-2006 - 7:24pm

After years of negative HPTs, when I took one last week and it showed a + sign, I had to check the instructions to make sure I was reading it correctly.

So I'm 6 weeks along and having virtually no symptoms, which scares the poop out of me. It makes it that much harder to believe I'm really PG...especially after 6 years. Being 36 years old, I was just about to give up.

DH and I are nervous and excited and anxiously awaiting our first dr appt next week. I'm still very freaked out about seeing that + on the stick. And yes, I saved the HPT!

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-23-2006 - 7:32pm
Congrats! Congrats! I know when i saw my test i took another then another! im so happy for you! You are fine though as far as your symptoms enjoy this time though cause that is subject to change! mine did not start until about a week ago and i swear im limited on what i can eat so pig out now and suffer later cause you may be green around the gills soon! im so happy for you and i will keep you in my prayers. we are around the same amount of weeks. please feel free to keep me posted!

PJ Mommy to JT4

&nbs

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-23-2006 - 7:39pm

Thank you so much, Delilah!

I still cannot believe it happened...after so many years of trying...but I'll keep in mind that symptoms can crop up at any time.

Although there is one thing...my sleep hasn't been the best since conception. I get hot/cold/hot/cold all night. Drives me batty.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-23-2006 - 10:17pm

Congratulations!!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-24-2006 - 12:02pm
WOW! Congratulations! That is awesome! I'm so happy for you. Don't worry about the no symptoms thing - many women don't have symptoms for a while and then when they do they wished they didn't. I've not had many symptoms at all and I'm now 11 1/2 weeks along and baby is doing great. Appreciate it. Again congratulations!!!!! These boards are great when you need a women to talk to! I'm not over 30 but I know that there are a lot of women on here that are that enjoy talking to each other.
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-24-2006 - 9:00pm

Congrats!!!!

I am a new mom to a 8 1/2 week baby girl. I had no symptoms except for a missed period. I went to the dr thinking my only symptom was missing my period...am I expecting or just stressed out.
Don't worry about not having the typical signs. Alot of the usual signs for me did not come until the 3rd trimester. Then it wa slike it all hit at once!

Well good luck

mom to baby Athena Diane June 22, 2006

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-24-2006 - 9:51pm
Congrats!!! I'm sending some pregnant vibes to you right now!
Malissa
edd 9/17
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-25-2006 - 6:19am

Congratulations! I know exactly what you mean. I endured 4 years of infertility and I'm finally pregnant too! I still can hardly believe it. I am 12 weeks right now and I have probably had 5 ultrasounds just to help me get it! Everything is going great and I wish you all the best!

Take care,
Tokyo

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-25-2006 - 12:49pm
Me, too we had been trying for the past six years also. Docs were suggesting hysterectomy. I glad didn't.
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-26-2006 - 2:31pm

I know exactly how you feel! I'm 32 and pregnant with our first after trying for almost 7 years. I took five hpt's and even called the company to make sure I was reading it correctly!! What a shock! I also have almost no symptoms. Maybe we've already been through enough suffering! Congratulations to you

Carrie
EDD 3/12/07

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-27-2006 - 9:49am

Thanks to everyone for their kind responses...it's so hard to believe it finally happened.

cl-kraftylade, my breasts were the only indication that something was up (besides the missed period). Believe it or not, I only took one test. I guess after years of negative tests, I believed it HAD to be right since I've never had a false negative. And prenatal vitamins? I've been taking them for 7 years, lol.

Last week the pregnancy gods smiled down at me and said, "NO SYMPTOMS! We can't have that." And bammo-presto, I have nausea. At first, it was lessened by eating. Now it's just always there. I guess the good news is that it hasn't affected my appetite (still eat like a pig), and nothing has come up.

To those of you who also have had unexplained infertility that was suddenly interrupted by a postive HPT...I know how you feel! I was thisclose to adopting.

Hugs to all of you! And thank you for the support and kind thoughts. :)

Pages