CHECK IT OUT

iVillage Member
CHECK IT OUT
Mon, 10-30-2006 - 1:56pm

Be sure to share!
We’re proud to announce the arrival of a new baby at Pregnancy & Parenting – the Baby Steps: First Year of Life Calendar! Enter baby’s birth date, and you’ll get day-by-day information based on the age and stage of your baby. You'll find out about developmental milestones, learn about games you can play together and get information about common first-year health and safety concerns - plus you'll find "gotta laugh" mom moments that take a fresh and funny look at life with a baby. Plus, you can check out some of the cutest baby pictures around – all courtesy of real iVillage moms (and a few dads).
http://parenting.ivillage.com/baby/calendar

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-01-2006 - 10:56am
It doesn't work! I created it, but I try to go to it, it shows me a blank page (more or less) with "Baby" and "Baby's First Year Calendar" options at the top (nothing really happens when you click on them, you go to a page about articles). And at the bottom is a cheerios ad! what's up with that? Is this just me that is getting this? I changed my rendering engine (firefox or internet explorer) and it makes no difference.
Beth
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-02-2006 - 5:34am
I can ask the tech support people for you.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-02-2006 - 2:02pm

Thanks. He's doing really well. He has been sleeping anywhere from 2-4 hours at a stretch at night (most nights, not all, some nights he is still up all night). He does still cluster feed in the evenings and early morning, but that's okay. I actually had to wake him to feed him last night at the four hour mark. My friends tell me just let him sleep, are you nuts, but I don't feel comfortable with that yet, he's only five weeks and he needs to nurse a lot, he doesn't always nurse much at each feeding. We are still dealing with his horrible diaper rash and his thighs that were rubbed raw from the stupid disposable diapers. I've been using every cream under the sun and it is getting better, but it takes so long. He pees a lot so he always has pee against his skin. Zinc oxide only irritates him and doesn't let the skin grow back. I'm now trying shea butter, which is the only thing htat worked for me when I had a horrible rash during pregnancy (due to antibiotics for my kidney infection). He seems to be smiling more though and has more alert times during the day. Which is a good thing but also a bad thing in that I don't get much done around the house, lol! Oh well, he will only be a newborn once!

How are things going for you?
Beth

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-02-2006 - 3:49pm

What kind of diapers are you using?

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-07-2006 - 3:16pm

thanks. its not a yeast infection, the midwife has already looked at it. we stopped using disposables and switched to cloth. which we were going to do anyway but they were still toobig for him. it is getting better but it's like three steps forward and two steps back. He hates it when I try leaving his diaper off or open to help it heal, so it's taking a long time.

Beth

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-07-2006 - 11:34pm
I had problems with generic diapers with my girls.