36 week appt...a SUCCESS!

iVillage Member
36 week appt...a SUCCESS!
Fri, 12-29-2006 - 9:51am
Well we had our 36 week appt yesterday and I am effacing dramatically. Also my son meassures in at 7-7 1/2 lbs so Dr. said within the next two weeks he'll have to induce me if he keeps getting so big, so fast!!! OMG!!!!! Now i'm getting scared!! Be careful what you wish for!!! I wanted him out but OMG!!! Looks like i'll meet my son soon and kiss his little face,OMG!!!!!!! We'll keep ya'll posted....xoxoxo
Meka & Sontee

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-29-2006 - 4:44pm
I wouldn't induce unless absolutely necessary.
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-30-2006 - 8:00pm
Im going to trust im my Lord and through prayer he will guide us. No one knows my story yet, not even I. I do know that I am already nervous as is so...at this point I am going to trust in God he wil lead my OB towards making the right decision in my personal situation. I'm sure he would not just induce me unless he see's a clear and definate reason to.If things change within the next two weeks and he says I have an option then ofcourse I will opt to allow my son to come into the world as naturally as possible and continue caring him....
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-30-2006 - 9:17pm

Are you going to have an epidural?

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-30-2006 - 11:00pm
Think its a combo of me being emotional and not knowing what to expect. Not really sure but im really holding back tears and not feeling great lately. It offended me that you sounded like a BTDT know it all attitude to be honest. Its not just here on the board, all previous moms around my inner circle and daily life are driving me crazy with that type of attitude. Think I held it in so long and exploded it out on you. Well I plan to try it without an apidural.,however, if I need to I will get one. I'm just ready to get this going..I want my sanity and emotional state back on track desperately:-/
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-30-2006 - 11:48pm

At least you're not an elephant, which has a gestation period of 2 years...lol

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-31-2006 - 12:21pm
Hi, you know its a new day and I feel a little(not much)but better. But wow "YES" you hit the nail right on the head! I am worried about exactly everything you asked! I do have my bags packed, everything washed and cleaned, Sontee's room all set up. Theres nothing else to do but wait and wait and wait. Ugh! now I see why they say we're expecting...cause thats exactly what it is. Expecting to have your baby but you dont know when, your just "expecting" it to happen waiting and waiting! Whats sad is that I dont wake up thinking this could be the day...although Dr. said he ,may induce me within 2 weeks, I dont feel that will happen. I really have a feeling that I'll end up being one of the ones that are like 2weeks over due:-/ going into the 37th week now so we'll see...I'm not technically full term yet so I just keep telling myself that, to assure me that it technically is not time yet. I know all this will be a thing of the past soon enough and I'll be longing for the days of quiet, single life:-) I told DH that he should be happy its a boy b/c this may be his only begotten son,lol. Dont really see myself going through this again. Who knows though. Thing is I enjoyed and loved being pregnant so much. I still kinda do, I think I am just restless,impatient,overwhelmed and down right delirious at this point,LOL!!! Please keep us in prayer:-)And thanks for understanding.
~Meka
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-31-2006 - 4:26pm

So you really just need something to keep you busy and keep your mind off of things.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-01-2007 - 11:38pm
Oh I have everything packed in that bag.I did realize that although I washed sontee's socks, outfit,bib etc..I packed the receiving blanket without washing it,Grrr!( I know your thinking just pull one that I already washed...this one goes with his lil outfit:-) I so dont feel like pulling it out of that bag in the trunk and washing it! Is it ok to let that go or do you think I should just wash it:-/ I have washed EVERYTHING in Dreft. Including the bassinet set, crib set,EVERYTHING!!! I have received some more blankets,onesies and outfits as gifts. I really do not feel like washing anymore! Did you absolutely wash EVERYTHING before you placed it on your babies? Is it ok to let some go?? Whew, it is alot getting ready for baby:-/ Oh I can only imagine what it will be like when he gets here;-) Oh But I received a list from hospital on what to pack in the bag,plus had help from others help me pack it. I do plan to breastfeed. Well this is week 37! Boy o Boy wont be long now:-) Literally I am so anxious ALL THE TIME.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-02-2007 - 12:04am

I think I started out washing things and then just gave up. I wouldn't worry about the blanket unless you have nothing else to do.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-02-2007 - 4:14pm
ok, Well they have told me about the snacks but I thought I could just get food from the cafeteria. ok, so that is VERY good to know. Oh and my GF did say that she wanted to breastfeed and while she was being stitched etc...they PUT A BOTTLE OF FORMULA IN HER SONS MOUTH! I really think that that is soooooo rude and not to mention unprofessional. To go ahead and make that decision for a parent! I WILL definately be letting them know! Do not put formula in my sons mouth,if for some reason I am unable to nurse him right away, let me pump a little bottles worth or something.
ok, good so I shouldnt worry about the blanket..whew! I thought for sure you were going to say wash it right away,LOL. So after baby is home for a while and outgrows the 0-3 month stuff, do you still continue to wash everything b4 placing it on them. At what point does that stop? A co~worker told me that she washed evrything up until her DD was 3!!! Are you kidding me? Tell me that aint so???? Did you do that???

Pages