37 week appt 2day and.........

iVillage Member
37 week appt 2day and.........
Thu, 01-04-2007 - 11:33pm
Everything was stable my blood pressure etc..Sontee looks great.,big and healthy. Dr. will not induce me yet as he thought he would have to :-) I will try to make it to my EDD and i'm soooooo glad! I want everything to happen naturally. This is my first baby and I want to see what my body does naturally:-) So I know i'll be pregnant for atleast another 20 days:-)keep us in your prayers as we do you:-)
~Meka 37weeks
1/24
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-05-2007 - 4:53pm

How exciting for you! It is encouraging to hear someone approaching the end of this journey when I am just beginning.

I am sure everything will be perfect.

Best of luck and keep us posted (no pun intended!)

Amy

&

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-05-2007 - 4:58pm
Same to you:-)
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-08-2007 - 3:07pm

hi meka,

i'm new to the board but i'm 36 weeks pregnant and also a first time mom.. catching up to you :)... when's your due date? just want to ask you a few things.. is your lower back killing you? are you having contractions? do you feel heavy (meaning in you pelvic area)? let me know.. congradulations by the way!!!! my 36 week appt is on tuesday.. we'll see what my doc says.. i guess she'll check my cervix then.. you know if you want to go in to labor soon.. i read that raspberry leaf tea brings on contractions leading to labor.. maybe you can try that if you want to .. let me know.. talk to you soon!

Jackie (california)

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-08-2007 - 3:24pm
Hi Jackie,
Welcome!!!!!Im in CA too:-) Well this Thurs is my 38 week appt. To be quite honest..yes! I am very uncomfortable. Pain and heaviness in ALL areas that are private! I mean ALL! My due date is 1/24. Having a boy, Sontee Glenn(pronounced like Monty but with an S) I do have lower back pains and pain in my knees, joints etc. I do get BH, but mainly those hit me as i'm trying to sleep at night.Along with the horrilbe acid reflux! TMI but I throw up in my sleep! I drink tons of milk and eat rolaids soft chews, but nothing helps:-/. I did not know about the tea. Thanks! I do drink tea, but not that one, so i'll have to pick some up.
My Dr. did say that he can induce me if I want anytime starting my 38th week. I'm so miserable that i'm considering it! It's just a hard decision b/c with this being my first time I want to let everything happen naturally, so that I know what my body does on its own without being induced! we'll see though. Some days I feel like I cant go on! I'm trying to be strong.
So how bout you?? What are your stats?? Fill me in:-)
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-10-2007 - 8:30pm

hi meka,

well i saw my doc yesterday, and she told me that i'm 1cm dilated and 20% effaced.. but she said that labor could still be weeks away, there's no way of telling. I also gained 5 lbs the last month, so i started exercising (did i spell that right??? lol) i started walking for about 45-1hr every day.. my family says i lost weight on my face, but i don't see it.. but let me tell ya, ever since i started doing that its easier for me to climb those stairs to the second floor (where my room is).. lol.. i was also thinking about having lots and lots of sex to speed the process up, they say that sperm helps the cervix efface faster.. my husband is extatic, let me tell ya! lol so did you buy the tea already? i was thinking about picking it up today, but didn't get around to do it.. maybe tommorow.. how are you feeling? got everything ready? hey, have you noticed if your belly dropped or lowered? they say you're able to see when it does.. and have you passed your muccus plug? if you did, labor is around the corner.. :)yepeeee! lol! let me know.. talk to you soon!

jackie

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-10-2007 - 8:52pm
Try Pepcid A/C

pregnancy due date