Embryo to Fetus?

iVillage Member
Embryo to Fetus?
Wed, 03-21-2007 - 2:10pm

I have read/heard a few different answers to this question so I was wonder what you all have been told. When does my tadpole go from embryo to fetus? I have heard 10 weeks, another site said 12 weeks. Is there an official week or does it just schedule up with the start of the 2nd trimester? But wait.....when is the start to the 2nd trimester? I have some places telling me 12 weeks and others 14. If you divid 40 weeks into 3, the first trimester would be 13-14 weeks long or is the 3rd trimester longer than the rest? Whats up!?!?!

Thanks,
Jennifer

Expecting #1 (obviously) :-P
Clomid Grad
TTC for 11 months

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

pregnancy calendar

Daisypath Ticker

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

Come support the March of Dimes
P align=center>Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2007 - 2:13pm

According to pregnancy.org it's 10 weeks...

Week Ten

• Baby is now called a fetus in "medical terms". You, however, may have chosen the name "peanut," "angel," "jumping bean" or simply "miracle."
  • The most critical part of your infant's development is complete. Now you are headed into a period of rapid growth.
  • While a bit strange to envision, your baby's head is now about half its length - Soon the rest of the body's growth will catch up but this area is prepared to keep up with the rapid brain development!
  • Eyelids fuse shut and irises begin to develop - Eye color is also determined by this point.
  • Placenta begins to function this week or next - The placenta is the organ responsible for both the provision of nutrients along with the removal of waste to keep your baby growing strong!
  • Your baby will be about 1.22 inch long (3.1cm) and weigh 0.14 ounce (4gm) at the end of this week

fetus, 10 weeks. Click for larger view fetus, 10 weeks3d Ultrasound - 10 weeks

pregnancy

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket