Anyone else HUGE at 16 wks??

iVillage Member
Anyone else HUGE at 16 wks??
Mon, 04-09-2007 - 12:08pm

AHHH! I thought I wasn't supposed to be showing yet but I look like there is a soccer ball tied around my waist. I've gained about 10 lbs already and can't seem to get my eating under control.

Here's how bad it is...we ordered bridesmaid dresses for my sister's wedding in January (I was actually pregnant but didn't know it yet) and I ordered a 4. Well, I found out that I was pregnant shortly after, and changed it to an 8. Well guess what, they came in and the 8 is TIGHT. My cousin ordered a 12, and luckily she lost wt in the meantime, so we switched skirts (they are 2 piece dresses) and i'm keeping my size 8 top but it takes 2 people to zip it and the wedding is still over a month away! I can't believe I got big so fast with my first one. I feel like there is something wrong with me! I'm pretty sure we don't have twins b/c there are no twins in our family, although, I realize that it's a possibility. I'm just blaming this on the fact that I'm so narrow hipped that there is nowhere for the baby to go but out. This is pretty frustrating. I'm also supposed to be in a wedding in Aug (I'll be 8 mos along then) and I'm afraid that the dress I ordered for that on won't fit either.

Anyone else in my situation?

cowgal

Mommy of  twin girls Kyan and Ki

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2007 - 2:45pm
I'm not sure how petite you are height-wise but i'm only 5' and let me tell you I am packing on the pounds. I was pretty big at 16 weeks and it's seriously growing larger by the day. I am currently 22 weeks and 3 days pregnant. It's weird, because overnight I started getting compliments saying congratulations and do we have names picked out and what's the sex, etc. and I hadn't had any of these comments before because it wasn't noticeable. My mom actually went away on vacation for 10 days and when she came back in town she came to visit us and almost fell over. I think everyone hits a certain week where they just explode and it doesn't stop from there, unfortunately! Just consider it a blessing, I believe gaining the weight earlier is helping me to carry better, but you will have the backaches one week and footaches the next. I swear once one pain is gone you think you're off the hook, but it's not so bad! :)
Good Luck..hang in there
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2007 - 3:42pm
Oh My God- I am in the same situation! I am a little further along (19 wks), but I have been HUGE since like 15 weeks. I gained like 10 pounds like right after I found out I was pregnant...and now it looks like I have a basket ball up my shirt! LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't still fit into pre pregnancy clothes in early 2nd trimester:)
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2007 - 2:22pm
Hi there dont feel bad i'm pretty big and only 15 weeks. About the dresses 4 out of my 7 bridesmaids were prego lol. 1 didnt know 1 had found out about 3 months before and 2 were fixin to pop. We made the dresses work. The 2 really pregos had a different style dress and order it WAY to big (cause you can always make a dress smaller but cant always make it bigger) I was under no stress at all b/c i knew it would work but my mother in law was really concerned about my sister in laws dress b/c she blew up like a balloon. Everything worked out great. So for the wedding in aug just order it big. For the wedding next month--- Sometimes a really good seamstress can let a dress out a little depending on how much material is left in the seams. Check it out it may look like a tiny bit of material but every tiny bit helps.
Jill
Also is anyone getting their dress hemmed. Have them save any cut off material. That way if at last resort you need some added you can at least have matching material to add to it