Almost not a teen but still mommy to be

iVillage Member
Almost not a teen but still mommy to be
Fri, 04-13-2007 - 11:21am
I just wanted to introduce myself, I am a going to be a first time mommy. I am 19 years old and i am 19 weeks pregnant today. I am not showing (other than i look like i have a big beer belly as one of my friends said), I am excited but nervous as i am sure is normal. I am not married and the father is supportive although we are living in seperate states for the time being, which is really hard. I am thankful that i have family and good friends to support me. I am the youngest of two daughters but my sister was a teen mom also but she didn't really deal with it in an adult manner (which i guess is typical of young moms). I don't mean abortion or anything just that my mom and I took care of her baby for the first couple of years because she wasn't really responsible. However i love my sister and she has come a long way since then.
I think the hardest part of my announcing i was pregnant was telling my father, because he practically disowned my sister. Yet I am staying with him and he is being the most supportive dad that i know. I am thankful for him and his wife they are the best. Okay well that is most of it in a nutshell. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the board. Thanks for listening :)
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-13-2007 - 1:56pm
Congratulations and welcome to the board!!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-13-2007 - 2:25pm
Well i am in the middle of switchig ob's because i just moved recently so i am hoping it will be y upcoming appt. on the 30th but if not, i don't have a date yet. I am really excited to find out what the baby is, i am hoping for a girl but it doesn't really matter to me either way
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-13-2007 - 4:09pm
Welcome to the board and Im happy to hear that you have supporting family and friends. I just had my son 2 and ahalf wks ago and man has it changed my life! Its both good and bad but I wouldn't trade anything for it.

~Noema~

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket