What do you think about slings?

iVillage Member
What do you think about slings?
Fri, 04-13-2007 - 2:35pm
I am not sure if most people on here are prego or have new babies.. but I am seriously wondering about how effective the use of slings are. My DD is 17 days old and goes through MAJOR cluster feedings during the day, and half the time it seems like she just wants to be comforted. She loves to be held close, and i've heard that slings are really good for still being able to move around and give your child the comfort at the same time. We have a baby bjorn, but she is still just a little bit to small to put her in it. Any advice?
Thanks!
Trina
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-13-2007 - 4:19pm

We've had numerous discussions on our July EC board.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-24-2007 - 11:31am

Well, if I can find a good one for under $50 bucks, then I'll definitely carry my baby in it. I live near DC, so it gets very busy around here. The thought of not holding my baby close if I'm traveling on the subway... not gonna happen. I need my little joy angel close to my heart, at least for the first 4-6 months. People push and shove so much, and if someone were to kick my baby's carry-all, then I'd have to turn around and kick them.

Please forgive me for getting carried away, but defensive mothering runs in my family.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-20-2007 - 1:02pm
you should check out www.slinglings.com They are well priced, good quality and will last awhile. I wowuld recommend going with the unpadded ones.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-15-2007 - 1:41pm

I am a sling JUNKYYYYY! I had my first baby in January and have used it since the first few weeks. I would have started sooner but I had a c-section and I was afraid (stupidly) of using it too early. I could not have made it throught the frist few months without my slings!! I recomend a "slingezee" for the first months. It is padded and adjustable. My DD was very into seeing the world and nevr liked the "craddle" position in the sling. She LOVES the positions where she was up right against my chest and when she got older (to this day) loves facing forward. If you have any questions please don't hesitiate to ask. I HIGHLY recomend the sling ezee. When she was upset at night during what I like to call "Happy Hour", basically everynight after 5, I would pop her in the sling and wake in circles in front of our house. She LOVED it, it was like magic, the second she was in the sling and outside she was soooooo happy (and usually drifted off to sleep.

Over the past few months I have added to my sling collection, I now have 4 slings. I told my hubby that they are like shoes and purses - each has a a different purpose, and they are pretty. :-)

Hope this helps!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-04-2007 - 11:17pm
I have the NOJO original baby sling. It is bulky but it is cheaper than some other slings. I like it a lot, and it puts my baby to sleep. I would recomment it.
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2007 - 11:15am
I made my own baby slings during my last pregnancy , before i miscarried. I made one for myself at home and one for my mothers house .