scared

iVillage Member
scared
Thu, 06-14-2007 - 8:46am
i'm having heartburn someone please let me know is that okay or should i go see a docter immdeatly ?
iVillage Member
In reply to: mommyat16x
Fri, 06-15-2007 - 1:46pm

Hiya,

I am assuming that you are preggo and probably in your 3rd trimester? If not please excuse my response. Of course if you are nervous you should always call your dr just to be safe. I had heartburn SO bad with my DD!! They dr said that if it was really bad that they would have to run some tests, but he didn't thnk my case was too serious. He told me that I could take Pepcid Complete, the chewables. They really helped me! My friend took tums, I don't think that they worked as well. The good news is that everyone told me that my baby would have a full head of hair b/c of my heartburn, I guess it is an old wives tale, but it was true! My DD came out with a FULLLLL head of hair! :-)

Good Luck!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-15-2007 - 5:53pm
Hey a lot of people get heartburn. If you think it is like an extreme case than I would go ahead and call the doctor! But otherwise try tums. They work for me :). (Have you been in to see the doc yet at all?)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-20-2007 - 1:54am
Ugh the heartburn was the worst part of my prenancy!!! It was to the point that it would wake me up out of a deep sleep. I wouldnt worry too much try tums or a calcium pill. It will stop after baby is here. I heard that it was the babies hair forming, and my daughter had a full head of hair when she was born but who knows! Good luck
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-21-2007 - 11:00am
I know it is several days late now, but Tums are your friend. As the baby grows, it smooshes your stomach out of the way, which shortens the length that food and acid have to go to back up into your esophagus, hence the heartburn. Totally normal.
gavin.gif mini pooper from tara picture by caulyne
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-03-2007 - 2:12pm

Oh sweetie, this is so incredibly normal. lol. I had THE WORST heartburn when I was expecting. I swore dd was going to come out looking like Chubacca (sp?) You can take over the counter meds, but make sure to ask which ones, because some aren't safe. They are like savers and really help sleeping at night.

Some home remedies- spoonful of peanut butter followed by a glass of milk. works wonders for immediate help.

also, try not to eat right before bed or try to sleep slightly elevated.

HTH

xoxoJC

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-03-2007 - 6:50pm
heartburn is totally normal. i get it almost everyday. i heard once the baby drops down, like in the final weeks. its not as bad. antacids are ok to take during pregnancy.
Photobucket