Cloth diapers

iVillage Member
Cloth diapers
Tue, 09-25-2007 - 11:09am
Any advice---? I am still a mom to be -- but I am seriously considering using cloth diapers---I need advice on what kind is best --and whether to use a diaper service (I live in NY and have to use laundromat) or what?
I appreciate any help..
Thanks.
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2007 - 7:17pm

Hi!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2007 - 2:47pm

I have thought about it too.

Photobucket

L

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2007 - 10:35pm

Hi there! I use Happy Heinys pretty much exclusively with my 1-month old and LOVE them!! They are just as easy as disposables (especially if you "stuff" them ahead of time) and sooooo much cheaper in the long run! We have a great washing machine so not quite the same situation - not sure if I could manage it if I had to go to the laundromat but it definately can be done. The key is to get yourself on a schedule with washing, and it's really as simple as just one more load per day/every other day.

Check out the diapering board for more imput, they've been really helpful to me in the past:

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppdiapers

~megan

mommy to Chloe 9/7/07

aptrustingheart.gif image by ahmommypink

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2007 - 1:36am

I think cloth diapers are fabulous in many ways if you have the time and patience for them. I've done some comparing and the diaper service (brings clean ones to the house, picks up dirty ones) is pretty much the same cost for store bought disposables.

I've decided to use the cheaper disposables on my little one because I don't want to deal with diaper pins and plastic cover pants.

But that's just me. :-)

Elizabeth H.

Photobucket