Getting Daddy Involved

iVillage Member
Getting Daddy Involved
Wed, 07-09-2008 - 2:26am
Just wondering if you ladies might have some advice on how to get DH involved.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2008 - 8:46am

He can never have the same bond as you right now because your son is growing inside of you.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2008 - 9:34pm

My husband was exactly the opposite. he was doing more research than I was even thinking about, looking at what I'd be going thru, what stroller we might want and all of that. Then I started getting more into it and decided that I shouldn't be making all the decisions so I GAVE him the duty of picking out carseat and stroller (he's such a review geek, it takes us weeks to buy ANYTHING because he has to check every rating and review site known to man before he makes his own decision). It's one of the last things we need to pick out and either register for or just go buy.

As for allowing him to feel the baby move, a tip from my ARNP (had to go visit her when I fell a few weeks ago)...drink a BIG glass of ICE COLD WATER and the baby will jump around for quite a while ;)

It's tough to get him quite as involved as you are, you're the one doing the rest of the work and all, but giving him some serious responsibility regarding the baby may bring him closer. The baby will certainly love him as much as you once he's in the world, and that won't be long now!!!

Coli

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2008 - 12:38am

TY~