Anyone going to be a single mommie?

iVillage Member
Anyone going to be a single mommie?
Sat, 03-21-2009 - 9:28pm
I'm newly single and now going to be a new mommy the middle of November. Just wondering if there's anyone on here going through the same motions as I and if they're as nervous as I am?
pregnancy
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-26-2009 - 12:25am
Hey there. You're not alone in being a single mommy. I'm due August 24th and yes I am nervous too. You are not the only one. I know everything will be fine but it's kind of nerve racking to think that I'm going to be doing this alone and not have the love and support of my baby's father. I'm nervous about how I'm going to handle everything once my baby does come, but like I said, I know everything will be just fine :D I'm trying to stay as positive as I can.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 8:25am

I am doing this along also....well, mostly alone. I have the support of my ex-fiance, and best friend, but unfortunately we don't think he is the father. I am no longer with the possible FOB, by my choice...I barely knew him and the more I think about it, the more stress and trouble he could cause than anything, so I hope that he will stay away. I doubt that my ex will plan on marrying me, and I'm not sure that he will want to help raise my baby, which I can't blame him if it's not his. It's really hard on him, because we were together for over 10 years. I'm just glad that I have the support from him that he is giving me.

I am scared to death and have no clue what to expect in any of this. I'm not sure if I'll be in the delivery room alone, or if I'll have someone there. I didn't even want kids when I found out I was pregnant, and still don't really, but what can I do? I'm now accepting the fact that I'm having a child, but still not excited about it. I'm only 10 weeks, so maybe when I start to feel it moving or it's time to start baby shopping, the excitement will start to kick in. My SIL didn't get excited about her baby until they started baby shopping.

No matter what though, I know we can make it...especially with the support of others on this board!

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-15-2009 - 9:54pm
I'm 21 weeks pregnant with my first child.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 1:39pm
I often wonder the same thing about what I'm going to tell my baby girl (just found out on monday YAY :D) about why her father isn't around and such. I'm not looking forward to that conversation but at least I have some time to think about it. I'm 20 and 21 weeks along. The time seems to be flying. I've pretty much gotten used to the idea of being a single mother but I still have my good and bad days. How far along are you?