How much stress is too much stress?

iVillage Member
How much stress is too much stress?
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 5:18pm

I know my life isn't any more or less stressful than anyone elses, though sometimes I feel it is.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-01-2009 - 3:07am

I think stress during pregnancy can be worse for the mother than the baby...

I have a very stressful job - I live and work in shanghai and my husband is a photographer. I make 99% of our income, and on top of that, the business I'm in is declining rapidly due to the economy (probably like everyone's!) on top of that, I am considering a job and location move back to the US. With all this stress, I'm worried too that my worrying is bad for the baby - which makes me worry more.

So - I've decided to just let it all go. Every day I work out, even if its just a 20 minute stretch session. I make sure that when I feel myself getting overwhelmed - I take a minute to do some deep breathing and chill out.

Stress is worse for the mother, I think, because as the earlier poster said, her baby turned out just fine. The issue for us is that you'll end up with headaches, shoulder pain, more sleeplessness, and that's no good for you!! So find ways each time you feel overwhelmed to do some deep breathing, 4 is usually enough.

Keep some citrus fruit or mint stuff nearby also. For some reason, the scent helps calm but energize you and ease tension.

GOOD LUCK!!

Kris
First time mommy
Kris http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4061/4695321840_0353510e06_m.jpg
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 7:52pm
Hello.