The best of times, the worst of times

iVillage Member
The best of times, the worst of times
Mon, 05-18-2009 - 6:21pm

1)Reaction to baby name: BEST- most of the reactions I get are pretty typical "well that's interesting" or "oh cute", don't know that I really have a best... WORST- "oh my gosh, you've GOT to be kidding! Why would you name him that?!" no lie, when I told my aunt I was considering Kieran for LO this is exactly her reaction... Couldn't believe she'd be so rude!

2)Stranger's comment (because being pregnant means your life is now public domain...): BEST- either my friend's mom with "pregnancy really becomes you! Unlike some of us. LOL" or getting offered a job at my favorite store in the mall because the manager and I got into a convo about OBs... WORST- "so you're due anytime now right?" umm no, I'm only 6 months actually (this was a month ago) but thanks for making me feel huge!

3) Moment so far: BEST- realizing my LO already has decent music taste, lol. He dances to my 90s playlist and it's so cute watching my belly move because of him... WORST- having to go to the hospital for contractions at 27 wks, or having to go in later this week for the 3 hour GD test because I failed the 1 hour by ONE STUPID POINT...

How about you? You don't have to use the topics I listed, just pick a few pregnancy related topics and then tell about your best and worse.

Follow me to First Time Pregnancy Club
Follow me to First Time Pregnancy Club
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-24-2009 - 2:26pm

Good topic!

I have to say the worst thing is the first thing EVERYONE asks me is "So, how are you feeling?" Like there's nothing else to talk about? LOL

The best thing is how genuinely excited people are for us. Both DH and I have waited a long time for this and now that it's happening, we are both so happy and excited. All my friends know how important this is to me, and they are all so happy and supportive.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers