Physically and emotionally drained.....

iVillage Member
Physically and emotionally drained.....
Sat, 11-07-2009 - 9:54am

Hi everyone,
Firstly - congratulations to everyone on their pregnancies! :)

This is my first message here, and I'm hoping for some advice and reassurance and perhaps a pregnancy buddy :).
I feel totally alone and really scared, I don't know what to expect or what's normal and what isn't.
I am 34, been married for 5 years and am approximately 8 weeks pregnant.
I suffer lots of health issues (chronic back pain, migraines, depression, gastric troubles and I also have polycystic ovaries). So actually, I never expected to fall pregnant at all! The doctors said it was highly unlikely without fertility treatment.
Basically I'm feeling really low and anxious, sick and tired.
My back is bothering me, I've had lots of headaches, am not sleeping well and I have this nausea, which comes and goes, (but mostly stays). I'm not actually sick, I just feel it - lots.
On top of feeling physically lousy, I am SO scared about the whole pregnancy thing. I think I'm possibly still in shock? ( I found out for sure 2 weeks ago) And It just all seems SO huge and frightening. I can't get my head around it really.
Is this normal? physically and emotionally? to be feeling like this. My first midwife appointment is November the 11th (in 4 days time).
I just feel so alone, scared and generally low. My husband is totally great, but he doesn't really understand, my mother passed away when I was a teenager, and my friends all live far away.
Any advice will be truly gratefully received. :)

Take care everyone and God Bless.
A. x

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-08-2009 - 11:32pm

Well I would first like to congratulate you on your pregnancy (whether you were expecting it or not) :)

Secondly what you are feeling is not anything unique or wrong.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-10-2009 - 11:40am

You sound normal to me! A suprise pregnancy is a HUGE suprise. Your whole life is changing.

It sounds like

baby growth
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-12-2009 - 11:58am

Hi Sammy, and thanks so much for your support and reassurance :) It's greatly appreciated.
I hope to chat more with you and others online whilst we go through this amazing (and daunting) journey.

Thanks again and best wishes,
Angie. x

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-12-2009 - 12:02pm

Thanks so much Sammy, I really appreciate any support and reassurance :)
I hope to get to know and chat with you and others on this board (and make some pregnancy buddies along the way) during this amazing (and daunting!) journey :)

Best wishes,
Angie. x