Wii Fit Pregnancy

iVillage Member
Wii Fit Pregnancy
Fri, 11-13-2009 - 10:15am

Hey ladies! My husband and I just found out we are pregnant a couple weeks ago. I am now at 6 weeks. I keep reading all about how great it is for the baby for me to do some light exercise every day. Now, this is not a spam or advertisement, I promise (I hate it when people spam) but I would like to say that the Wii system my husband bought me for my birthday early this year has been a great help to get me exercising. I'd just like to know if any other moms to be out there have a Wii and are using it to do their prenatal exercise?

My husband and I just got Wii Fit Plus a couple weeks ago. We picked it up when we went to get groceries. Oh we love the new games. My favorite is the one where your "Mii" is dressed in a chicken suit and you have to "flap your wings" to land on certain targets. My mom even came over to play with us and she thought its was hilarious. Still, it is great to be able to play the game an engage in low impact exercise at the same time.

If any of you have a Wii and use it for prenatal exercise let me know how it is going for you. Did your doctor say it was ok?

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-13-2009 - 11:58am

That is a wonderful idea!! We just got a Wii Fit and it is perfect for that light exercise that you need during pregnancy.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-13-2009 - 7:19pm
I am getting one for Christmas!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-16-2009 - 9:18pm

hi, lurker here from a playgroup, but i thought i would respond... I played with my wii all the way thru my pregnancy! doc said it was fine! (although golf gets a little difficult with your belly getting in the way, hehe ;-)

have fun!

-Lyssa

baby

baby
baby
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-05-2009 - 1:57pm

I have the wii at home, we have wii fit and a few wii yogas and wii active ... I have been meaning to do it more often becasue I really need to take advantage of my energy right now... so I htink today after work I will definatley do it for 30-45 minutes then nap time lol.