when will the excitement kick in?

iVillage Member
when will the excitement kick in?
Fri, 01-01-2010 - 10:32am

Hello everyone,

I'm 8w6d pregnant, and had the first US this past Wed.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 4:39pm

I'm in the same boat, and extremely relieved to hear that I'm not the only first-timer with these "non" emotions. I really hope I can start to get excited soon.

When we took our pregnancy test, and it was positive, my husband was jumping up and down, and all I could do was sit there and cry about how scared I am. I feel silly, but I'm

Estie
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-13-2010 - 12:33am

Hi, I'm new on here but I totally understand what you're feeling. I am 15 weeks and even my husband is more excited than I am. I want to be and I should be excited but it seems like I'm filled with 1000 other emotions instead. Anxious over all the things that could go wrong, frustration with my body and the fact that i haven't felt like "me" in over a month now, and annoyance with everyone else because they all want to offer advice, point out how fat I'm getting or going to get, and worst of all because they are excited and I'm not!!! I'm not worried this will effect my ability to parent, I just wish I could put all those other feelings aside and jump on the happy train like everyone else.

Good luck (to us all),
Jennifer

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-01-2010 - 10:43am
I was where you are not to long ago, Trust me I am 20 weeks now and due in 4 months and Couldn't be more excited just wait till you get to start buying clothes and planning what their room is going to look like for me finally reaching the half way point was a big deal espically since this is my first and its a girl ( I could not be happier) I will admit the first few months really suck (espically if you are as sick as I was lol) but the first time you feel them move trust me it will absolutly floor you! Good luck and don't worry I promise it will get better!
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-01-2010 - 10:43am

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with you! It took me a while to really feel attached to my baby and I, like you, planned this pregnancy with DH. I'm now at a little over 19 weeks and even though I'm very excited about my little girl being on the way, I do have days where I think about the loss of freedom, the financial implications, the planning that goes into a "quick trip" to the supermarket, etc. We all do. It's a natural part of the process. I'm also in the May 2010 Monsters expecting club and several of the mommies have had threads not unlike this one.

The excitement will come when it comes, you can't force it. And it's perfectly fine to feel those concerns both now and later. This IS a life changing event.

My advice to you is to not continually analyze your feelings about your pregnancy to see if you're "excited enough" - just feel what you're feeling.

And keep us updated - this is a great place to get some support and advice about where to get more support when you need it.

Christine

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

pink team monster

2nd trimester

monster heartburn

monster kick

may 10 monster

Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family