What's your biggest fear...

iVillage Member
What's your biggest fear...
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 8:42am
... about giving birth? Is there anything specific that you are really worried about?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2010 - 7:21pm

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Would this put your EDD in early May?

I think it is somewhat normal to have a fear of miscarriage. I didn't have it as much with #1, but do a lot now with #2. This is mostly because I had major complications with #1 at 22 weeks, that stole all of my innocent excitement. I'm much more jaded and realistic now, so it is hard to relax at all and just enjoy the pregnancy.

Something that helps me when I'm having a rough day or worrying is to remember that at this moment, on this day, I am pregnant. It also reassures me to know that if I do miscarry, there is nothing that I did to cause it.

I do hope that you have nothing to worry about and have a safe, healthy and happy 9 months!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2010 - 5:27pm

My biggest fear....

Well, I just found out today that I am 3 weeks along with my first pregnancy and as excited as I am, I'm also a bit fearful/nervous. I'll be honest, my biggest fear is that I will miscarry in the first trimester. I have no reason to think this since I've never been pregnant/miscarried before, but it is a fear I have. Maybe because I was diagnosed Hypothyroid a few months back and was told that miscarriage is a possibility for hypothyroid moms-to-be, maybe because I have seen two friends through early miscarriages, or maybe it's because we got pregnant the first time trying and I think that it's too good to be true!

Anyone else have this fear? Is this a normal fear?

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-14-2010 - 9:51pm

This is a great thread!

I was always terrified of getting an epidural. I had always heard that they were huge, long needles. When I had my surgery, I needed a spinal block which is similar to an epidural and I really had no choice. I do know that I asked the anesthesiologist about the needle and whether it would hurt or not. He was very reassuring and did a great job. And you know what, the spinal block and the epidural that I had during labor were two of the easiest parts of it all! I didn't even feel a thing.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers