Does anyone need help with the new setup

iVillage Member
Does anyone need help with the new setup
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 11:53am
I haven't seen any issues on here but I just wanted to make sure. It's REALLY different.

Please post if you need help! The CLs are here for you!

Melissa To Most

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 12:45pm
Hi,

I had a question. I thought we were supposed to be able to go back and edit or remove our posts but I couldn't figure out how. I posted my auctions on the first day when it was only 2 cateogries and I was going to delete it and put it under the auction heading but as I said I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks,

davcar72
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 1:41pm
I'm pretty sure WE as members can't delete our post even tho it was said we could. At least to my knowledge & search, we can't. BUT you can edit it out, make sure you are logged in or it won't show up.. Go to your post, on the right hand side, there is a beige like colored box that has EDIT, SEND TO FRIEND,PRINT & a few more options. Click EDIT and then delete your message. You can not edit out the Subject part tho. SO, really, you might just want to leave your post there, it will soon get buried anyways & then just don't bump it. Just add it to where you wanted it in the first place. MAYBE the CLs have the 'power' to delete things, IF so, ask them to delete it for you after you c&p it where you want.

~ANGELA~

~ANGELA ROBINSON~

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 3:02pm
Just like with the old boards, CLs can't delete messages. Unless something violates TOS, we can't even ask for it to be removed.

If you no longer have items, you can just edit your message (as posted before) and add something like:

UPDATE: items widgets and gadgets are no longer available.

Eventually we're supposed to be able to delete posts if no replies have been made to it but I guess that's not working yet. :(

~Sara