iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2008 - 1:39pm
Just wanted to say hello, I am a new member.  I have been suffering with FM for over 5 years.  Things just seem to be getting worse all the time.  Right now I am going thru a break up with my boyfriend and its been really hard.  I also need to move and don't know what to do, I cannot afford to live on my own.  If I could work fulltime it would help, but I miss so much work because Im in so much pain all the time.  Anyway I read some of the blogs and see that we all are pretty much in the same boat.  I try really hard not to let it get to me but things just seem to keep getting worse.  I wish I felt better.  Between the doctor bills and the amount of time I miss at work, I don't know how i am going to survive on my own.  I have 30 days to move and I don't have any strength to even start packing.  I really need a miracle right now.  It seems that allot of people are having financial problems these days, I know its not only me.  Anyway thanks for listening.

lilsueshue

iVillage Member
In reply to: llsueshue
Wed, 10-29-2008 - 2:06pm

Welcome to our board !

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2008 - 3:49pm
Thank-you for listening

lilsueshue

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2008 - 5:39pm

Welcome to our board. I am glad that you found us. This is a great place for support and it looks like you need that. Please feel free to ask any question - we all have our own opinions because we have different experiences. Feel free to vent.

You are going through an upsetting time right now. You are under a lot of stress that will make your fibro worse. I am sorry that you broke up with with your BF and have to move. That is a lot to handle. Try to pace yourself.

I hope you will continue to post so we can get to know you better. I care about everyone on this board.

Gentle Hugs

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2008 - 7:21pm

I too am sorry about your breakup with your b/f. I have been in somewhat the same
situation. There are alot of churches who will help u-some with a months rent,utilities,
volenteers to help you move,food,-if you have start with the phone book and call every
church in there. Some churches even help with furniture if you need something like a
couch,beds, and even appliances. We have a community action here also that helps
and check into HUD houseing they will take u sometimes without a deposit and they
base everything on your income,and a lot of times they can get you right in if you
are going to be homeless especially if you have children. You can do some of these
things by phone and really it is best to call ahead so if you do have to go in person
you know what to bring. Check out your local Job and Family services too. There is
lots of help out there you just have to know where to look. If you have no luck at
one place they might be able to refer you to someone who can help with your specific
needs sometimes it's an individual at one of these churches who has what you need.
I wish you all the luck in the world and be sure to write down every number and
who you are calling and what they say so you have a running list of who you have
talked to and what they said, bacause sometimes they tell you to call back or give
you and appointment and what to bring. So it's important to keep track. As you can
tell I've been there and you shouldn't feel embarrased about asking that's is why
these people are there is to help some of them have been there too and needed a
hand up.

You'll be in my prayers, and I hope this helps.
Charlene

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2008 - 7:31pm
Thanks for the encouragement!

lilsueshue

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2008 - 10:03pm
Welcome to the board...glad you found us! I'm sorry that you are having to go through so many stressful situations in your life. Venting and talking about it can relieve some of that stress, so keep coming back; we will be here for you.

Michelle/mica_ga

Michelle/mica_ga

Kindness is more important than wisdom,