Welcome to our board!

iVillage Member
Welcome to our board!
Wed, 10-29-2008 - 2:00pm

We all would like to welcome you to our home here on the Fibro & CFS Board.  It is our "safe" place to vent, cry, laugh and share about how we each cope in life with Fibromyalgia, CFS and for some other coexisting conditions such as Chronic Myofascial Pain, lupus etc. 

We certainly wish we weren't welcoming you to our board.  I know we all wish that we could be rid of these conditions.  Since that's not possible, we come here, share our lives and learn from one another and have become a family.

There are folders for certain purposes.  In this top folder, New to Fibromyalgia & CFS, we have threads with links and information in one location to help easily find the information on the websites that our longtime members have found to be most beneficial.  Please browse through them. I know that even as I go back through those sites, I pick up something I didn't the first two or three times.

Our "All Things CFS & Fibro" is our general posting folder for how we're feeling, doctor's appts, questions about symptoms etc.  This way, things don't get lost during hte periods where our board is busy. We'd hate to miss a post from a new person asking a question.  We do encourage those of you who are lurking and have a question, to post your own thread.  If you post your introuction or question within another thread, it might be overlooked. We do our best, but it does happen from time to time and we don't want anyone to think we're unwelcoming or unhelpful.  So please, feel free to ask anything, vent, cry or whatever. We always encourage our lurkers to post when they feel ready to do so.  I know many come to read just to know they aren't alone.  If you are looking for information and can't find it, ask here.  We have a few ladies that are terrific researchers and can probably help or get you in the right direction.

Our "Fun, Inspiration and More" is for all Off Topic posts.  Have a great poll you'd like to post that's not topic related, do so here.  Come across a fantastic inspriational quote or passage, this is the folder to post it.  We love those inspirational quotes etc..so don't hesitate to post something.

We also have a "Latest News and Research" folder.  In this folder, articles on latest research, whether they are topic related or just really interesting, like the one on Sugar Substitutes recently posted, are always welcomed.  We are a group of ladies that loves to learn and read. 

Lastly, is the "Explore iVillage" folder.  This folder is where folks from other boards come and post what's going on around iVillage.  Its always worth a look, you might find something that you didn't know was here.

We welcome you to our board and want you to have an enjoyable experience here. All we ask is that everyone adhere to the iVillage Rules of Play.  You can read these rules yourself by following the green link that says "Rules of Play".

Your Community Leaders,

Karen (cl-karen) and Megan (cl-my2craigs)

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2008 - 8:22am
I am so tired of going to doctors, taking all different kinds of medication, etc. Is anyone doing any studies on Fibromyalgia. I'm practically confined to my house because it's so cold where I live and when I go outside the pain hits me like a train. It's only 30 out now.
I can't work at all. I used to almost fall asleep at my desk. I was diagnosed in 2006, I was lucky because it only took 2 years for them to realize what was wrong with me. I tried to keep on working but by January of this year (2008) I just couldn't do it any more.
I can't stand living in pain and they have me taking morphine, ultam, zanaflex, etc. I can't stay awake my son has to do practically everything for me. I can't even drive any more by myself.
Sorry I guess I really started to vent here. I just happened to stumble onto your site today and I'm so happy that there is a place to vent.
Joyce
Joyce
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2008 - 11:27am

Welcome to our board, Joyce; I'm glad you found us. It is a good place to come and vent when you need to destress...but also to just chat with others. We have a great group of women here...just full of knowledge and ideas to help cope.

It is frustrating when you try to do what the doctors say, take your meds, etc., and still have problems to cope with day in and day out. I'm sorry the cold is creating more problems for you.

I hope you will continue to post...and you find some solutions to help you better cope with your situation. We will be here for you when you need someone.

Gentle ((((Hugs))) and again welcome!

Michelle/mica_ga

Michelle/mica_ga

Kindness is more important than wisdom,

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-01-2008 - 9:57am

Thank you for your reply. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I found your site. I don't have anyone that truly knows what I go through each day.

Here's a new thing I tried just yesterday. I went to my regular doctor, come to find out I have a sinus infection, but he recommended a chiropractor in Sparta, NJ who specialized in people with FM. I went to her and she really helped. Of course I feel stiff this morning, but a hot bath will take care of that.

I'm tired of taking all the drugs the pain management doctor keeps giving me. I'm not a big believer in taking drugs. I have to see him on the 13th and plan on asking him if I can try Lyrica again. I was on it once before and it worked for about 3 months. So I figure why not give it another try.

Once my body gets used to a medication the medication no longer works.

Again thank you for having this site.

Joyce

Joyce
Joyce
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 12:00pm

Hello, I was just recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and some degenerative disk disease in my back neck. My mother has this condition with osteo-arthritis threw her whole entire body so im not handling this particulary well, since I see my mother go threw this pain diffuculty. Also to add I suffer from bipolar I, anxiety. so I feel as my world has turned upside down. but yet I cannot look at it that way cause I have two beautiful boys that I need to raise. Thanks for letting me vent...

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 1:37pm

Hi, Joyce.

That is great that you found the chioropractor...it is good that she is familiar with FM...very few can work with FM patients...at least she is sensitive to your needs as an FM patient.

I grew up in NJ...but in Burlington County. Left NJ after I married; DH was in the army and we moved to Germany for six years, then Va. Beach where he retired after 21-1/2 yrs on active duty. We now live in S. Ga., but I still have relatives in NJ and PA...was up that way last summer.

I too don't like meds. Saw my neurologist with some new problems...had MRI...now waiting for CT scan on Nov. 6...then will go back to see him again on Nov. 12. His initial reation is that my meds I

Michelle/mica_ga

Kindness is more important than wisdom,

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-03-2008 - 11:52am

Hi Michelle,

I heard about a product called BIOFREEZE that's supposed to help. I"m going to ask the chiro about it and let you know.

I had a CT scan because they thought I had arthritis. The only way to tell if it is FM is the pain point test. And unfortunately I had pain in every point.

Good Luck with your tests.

Joyce

Joyce
Joyce
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-03-2008 - 4:21pm

Hi Joyce,

Welcome to the group, glad that you found us. I'm fairly new to the group and new to fibro myself. I have been on Lyrica for about a month and half. It seems to work okay for me most of the time. I had to learn to adjust the time that I take it night so that I wouldn't have the added grogginess(real word?). I have found that with fibro there are new ailments all the time.

I, like you don't like to take a lot of meds, especially control drugs. But, it gets to a point that I just have to. I'm learning things each day by reading the post from everyone.

As for the ranting, nobody here minds so, just rant on!! It seems to help too.

I hope that you feel better after going to the Chiro., maybe it will give you some much needed relief.

Please keep us posted. I hope you have wonderful week ahead. :)

Hugs to you because you're special to me :)

Judy

Hugs to you because you're special to me :)
Judy
&n
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-05-2008 - 4:41pm

Hi Joyce,

I am fairly new here too. I was just diagnosed in Sept. of this year
but am fairly certain I've had it for years. I don't like takeing all
the meds. either, but I learned quickly that I haven't had much choice
My pain is manageable right now,but the fatique is driveing me crazy.
I am exhausted all the time, and I can't work either. For me the trick
is to just keep getting up in the morning and moveing,even if it is a
day u move very little. This board has helped me a lot just to know
someone else out there understands. I wish you much luck, and glad
you found the board too.

Charlene

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-12-2008 - 11:52pm
bump

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-13-2008 - 8:41pm

Joyce, welcome & I'm sorry to be chiming in so late.
I haven't felt well at all for weeks now too, so I've been kinda MIA.

I saw where you asked if anyone was doing any studies on FM. And yes, there are all kinds of studies going on. Thing is, I've found that they're all so different. Just like we who suffer from it. So it's really hard to determine which study benefits who. All you have to do is just google fibromyalgia & you will find a wealth of info, including all kinds of studies.

I got FM after a car accident on 11/27/92. It gradually reared it's ugly head over the next couple years. I was actually dx'd w/chronic mayofascial pain 1st. I also hate all the pills. But some times, I don't know what I'd do w/out them. I guess it's all just become a part of my daily life. I just keep praying that someday I can somehow get off all of them. That would be great!

Anyway, I hope you post more so we can get to know you better!

Luv, peace & big, soft, gentle {{{HUGS}}}~

God Bless Us All~

Theressa :)

Photobucket If I lack the courage to start, I have already finished>--> If I lack the courage to start, I have already finished>-->

Luv, peace & big, soft, gentle {{{HUGS}}}~

God Bless Us All~

Theres

Pages