Shopping Victory!!!

iVillage Member
Shopping Victory!!!
Fri, 04-03-2009 - 10:01pm

So my son is growing like a freaking weed, and he totally skipped 12 month (went straight from 6-9m to 12-18 it seemed like!)

It always seems like we can't find pants or shirts long enough to fit him, so finally I broke down and went shopping for him today.

I picked the right day! I went to Macy's and found some Tommy Hillfiger(sp?) polos on sale for $14.00 PLUS I had a 25% coupon PLUS 15% for my Macys Card....So I got him 3 of those.

Then I went to Dillards and they were having 70% off clearance PLUS an extra 50% off of that, so I looked around and found the boys' clearance rack and hit the jackpot!

Tons and tons of Ralph Lauren Polos on clearance for $4.00!! I bought every color, short sleeved and long sleeved in 12m, 18m, 24m and 2T. Even if he can't wear them all the resale value alone will help out at Once Upon A child to get him other stuff!

Then I went to Old Navy, had a 50% coupon there, found a few things, worked out to $3.00 per shirt/short

Then Children's Place had some cute shirts on sale (not very good there though-even with my placecard and coupon it was still $5.00 a piece)

Then at the Gap (This was my splurge) they had 30% off if you buy 4 or more clearance items, so I got 3 dress shirts and 1 cute t-shirt, worked out to about $8.00 a piece.

So now my son has tons of clothes, I spent very little, and now I won't have to be doing laundry every day! I'm so happy!! Just had to share!!

Photobucket
Photobucket