I told you EVERYTHING was breaking LOL

iVillage Member
I told you EVERYTHING was breaking LOL
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 8:45am

Let me set the scene for you........

I was listening to music and working on my computer last night when Christina Aguilera's "Candyman" came on. Such a fun song (if you can avoid being embarassed by the lyrics)! So I decided to get up and dance a little. I love dancing to 40s swing music and I didn't get a walk in so I'm going to dance my fool head off!

So I'm gyrating and grooving, music is cranked up, got my dogs dancing with me, having a blast. Clearly I'm Christina Aguilera's dance superior in every way. I was unavailable for the video having been undiscovered here in my home. So I'm really all out there doing the Lindy Hop etc.

And then......like some old, old woman......... I threw my hip totally out. HUGE pain in a place I've never hurt before! OH NO!

Of course, no one tells my dogs I'm hurt. So one dog is still wanting to play. The other dog starts barking her head off because the other dog is dancing with me. I'm laughing as I hobble off to sit down because the whole scene is hilarious, and now, with the raucous laughter and my allergies, I've given myself an asthma attack.

OMG reality smacked me so hard in the face. LOL This 47 year old body maybe needs a little more work before I film my next music video.

I'm stiff today and really sore, but hopefully I didn't do any long term damage....except to my ego.

You know there's some moments I'm so glad I'm not on a reality show.

Anyway, thought you all would enjoy my little story. Have a great day!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 10:52am
I enjoyed your little story...sorry you were hurt and I hope you are ok today. Wish I had been there to watch though ;-)
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 2:50pm
Oh no...I hope you are feeling better! Ice and ibuprofen! We have to be careful at our age, lol...that's what you get for shakin' your groove thang! ;D

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 2:51pm
Wow, glad you're ok.
Wedding
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 6:12pm
Thanks for sharing. It was a great story! Sorry, that your body gave you a reality check. I hate it when that happens.

Carrie
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 10:32pm

OMG, and to add insult to injury, I just realized I wrote that I was 47 instead of 44.

Lord, add dementia to the list! LMAO