having a good week

iVillage Member
having a good week
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 1:55pm
hello!! so this week has been a frugal one. first the walmart victories. then last night, we went out to dinner. i had a birthday certificate for a free dinner...and my kids had cards for free dinners too. so all we had to pay for was my drink and my hubby's dinner. with tip, it was $25. usually its double that. then we went to gamestop-and got guitar hero aerosmith on sale for 10. then they told us we get a free guitar!! so we got the guitar and the game for $10!! then i went grocery shopping today...and got 48 items(including some chicken breast) and only spent 55.85! i saved over $30. but...i looked at the bank account-and wouldnt you know it-we got hit wih an over draft fee...my bank used to not include the pending transactions in the balance. my car insurance was taken out tuesday night-and i also got some pop and stuff at the grocery store. i figured it was safe cuz the groceries wouldnt come out until my check was deposited...and they never charged an overdraft fee for a pending transaction. apparently they started doing that april 1st. of course. but i managed to get it mostly reversed. and now i have to watch my balance a lil more closely. but besides that lil bump-this week has
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 3:29pm
You did get some good deals this week.