A gift :)

iVillage Member
A gift :)
Fri, 04-17-2009 - 3:37pm

I got a surprise package on my doorstep yesterday...a box from Omaha Steaks :) Inside it were 4 filet mignons, 4 top sirloins, 4 pork chops, two stuffed sole, 8 hot dogs, 10 hamburgers, and a bunch of potatoes au gratin...and a note from my dad that this was a gift :)

We don't eat a lot of red meat (like steak - mostly ground beef) and I would never order from Omaha myself. I think I can stretch everything to make at least 13 dinners, if not more. What a gift!

Hugs, Jean

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Photobucket

Hugs, Jean

iVillage Member
In reply to: newbiemomiv
Fri, 04-17-2009 - 4:58pm

When you eat any of it.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-17-2009 - 6:35pm

Congrats - great gift! We've ordered from Ohama and been very happy. The stuffed sole is my favorite.

Shelly

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-17-2009 - 7:22pm

Nice gift! I ordered from them once for my uncle for the holidays (when my father was staying with him for a period of time)...they LOVED the meat!

I think maybe after this coming Christmas, I might get myself an order to (when they slash prices!).

Enjoy!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-17-2009 - 8:52pm
DH's boss used to give out Omaha Steak certificates at the holidays. I always thought they were great, and a nice treat--we never buy food like that!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-19-2009 - 12:36am

How sweet is that and how lucky are you that you have a Dad that loves you and your family so much.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 3:13pm
I am beyond blessed to have such wonderful parents. And not because they do something like this. But because they are amazing. They were supportive of me when I was married to a horrible person who treated them and me badly. They were supportive (ok and extremely happy) when I divorced the said horrible person. They were supportive when my new husband and I made the decision to have him stay at home until my son went to preschool. They are amazing people, kind, loving...really everything you could want in a family.

Hugs, Jean

Photobucket

Hugs, Jean