Free Table!! (going green)

iVillage Member
Free Table!! (going green)
Wed, 04-22-2009 - 3:12pm

Well when we went to ga we got a bird from the grandparents for me. You see my dh got some pet rats and I just won't touch them. So I get a bird to play with. Anyways since we have been back Sunshine has been on the kitchen table. Someone was throwing out a changing table (or it looks like one) and I took it. I cleaned it up and it not only holds Sunshines home but it also holds some of DS toys so I don't have to keep running up the stairs when I clean.

Oh look I reused something. And that is my way of going green today. :))

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-22-2009 - 3:40pm

We have plastic bins (rubbermaid type things in various sizes with lids) that live all over the house (living room, guest room, etc) that we can toss toys into and just close up. They get hauled back to DS' room on an as-needed basis (if he's just temporarily packing up over night, it stays where it is, if he's moving on to something else, it goes back to his room - or if cousin is coming over and that pile of stuff is 'off limits') We have bins for legos, bionicles, cars, etc - he can access specific items easily without having to rummage through the whole pile.

--Deb

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-23-2009 - 2:19pm

Hmmm I think I need to get some bins. :)) Man his toys are scattered everywhere. I think I need to start making hime pick up after himself. LOL is 2 to young to do chores.