What Walmart Items do you like?

iVillage Member
What Walmart Items do you like?
Fri, 05-15-2009 - 1:45pm

I just discovered Walmart Salsa and it's the best I ever had! I have to start shopping there more!

I used to buy only pet supplies there, but they have a lot of groceries cheaper.

Dog Mom To 3 Cat Mom to 8. Until there are none, Adopt One!! Spay & Neuter Saves Lives - Please have your pet spayed or neutered

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-15-2009 - 2:28pm
We don't have the super centers here (with groceries) but the regular Walmarts have some grocery items.
Wedding
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-15-2009 - 6:43pm

The ones here don't really carry grocery items (a few aisles of basics, but mostly chips and sodas, which we just don't buy), but I LOVE their store-brand OTC medications. The liquid ibuprofen tastes better than the name brand and is much cheaper. Same thing for their version of benadryl and Triaminic.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-15-2009 - 8:38pm

As much as I hate shopping at Walmart (always too crowded with rude and inconsiderate people), I end up shopping there a lot.

--Jenn

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-16-2009 - 7:55am

Do you work for Wal-Mart?

I buy bird food there, but it's not the W-M brand. It is the lowest price that I've been able to find on the seed blend that da boids will eat.

Agreed that the Sam's Choice Cola is really good. But I no longer keep soda in the house, so I don't buy it.

Cornstarch. Flour, my favorite, when I buy unbleached flour, is Hungarian High Altitude, and W-M is the only place I can find it. Louisiana Hot Sauce (son's fave hot sauce), huge bottles for under $2.

It's a convenient place to buy canned goods (my Target isn't a Super Target, so food aisles are very limited in variety and I try to go to as few stores as possible per shopping day).

Paperbacks (genre fiction) is discounted, so I always check the book section. I bought cake decorating stuff and cheesecloth last time I was there, so I wouldn't have to go to a specialty store for it.

I don't blame your DH for not wanting to eat W-M meat. I haven't been impressed with it or the produce.

There's a new(er) W-M on my way into the city now, and it's not too bad. Although I still prefer to do most of my shopping at Costco and Target.

Carrie

Carrie
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-17-2009 - 8:32pm
I very rarely shop walmart because they are out of the way, way out of the way.
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-18-2009 - 8:48pm
We use the Wal-Mart Great Value brand on most everything.. canned goods, pasta, sour cream, yogurt, cheese, buns, frozen foods....

~Mary~

Visit our homeschooling blog:

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-19-2009 - 2:22pm

I agree. Most of walmart's brand are just as good as name brand. One exception I have found is the White Cloud Diapers...UGHHH what a waste of money on that!! Now the Parent's Choice brand is good tho. My biggest problem with Walmart is lately, Everytime I go there regardless of the day or time, they have lines at all the check outs that are just too much. I don't mind waiting but when you have 8-10 lines open and there are people in each line at least 10 deep, HIRE SOMEONE ELSE!!!! lol

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-20-2009 - 2:00pm

Hello,

I'm a lurker that loves to save money, I think it gives me a high!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-20-2009 - 5:21pm

I bought White Cloud TP when we first moved here (wasn't sure how to get to Costco).

Community Leader
Fri, 05-22-2009 - 9:22pm
I found our local Wally World...sorry about that...lol...Walmart just too far away for me.
It's on the opposite end of our city and over the river and much too expensive to cab there and back...too far for me to walk both ways...although I have.
We do have public transit but I found for me personally I only go there if I have a ride...usually some one else is going there anyways and sometimes I can find great buys...
My favourite store though and is right dt is our local Giant Tiger.
They usually have great sales and I buy things we use on a regular basis when they come on sale.
Mostly if I buy anything at Walmart it was pet items or clothes for my ds they have his size and are usually fairly reasonable and he likes their clothes...sometimes I buy food items if it's something on sale and something we would normally use.
I try to stay away from all those things at the cash when you are checking out...eyes straight ahead...lol
Nightangel
Nightangel

Pages