Diapers victory at Kroger!!

iVillage Member
Diapers victory at Kroger!!
Tue, 05-19-2009 - 6:22pm

If you have a kroger near you, they have a sale right now on jumbo packs of Huggies at $8.99 each PLUS if you buy $15 worth you immediately get $3 off your bill.

There is a limit of 2 deals (so you can buy $15 worth 2x and get the $3 off each).

I'm expecting so I've been getting a lot of high value ($3/1 package) coupons for huggies plus cellfire & shortcuts coupons on my kroger plus card.

Today I was able to get 3 jumbo packs of diapers, 2 packages of wipes and a bottle of baby lotion for only $14.42!! I was SO thrilled with that savings that I had to share!

If you have a kroger near you & are in need of diapers, it's a great deal

Photobucket

pregnancy due datePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-19-2009 - 10:30pm
Sounds like you got a great deal.If possible look into cloth diapers.If you live in a place with a washer/drier. I used cloth for well over 2 years with my last and loved it. I used motherease( the covers are amazing)and unbleached prefolds with snappies( prefolds are about $20 a dozen) we used baby face cloths as wipes because we would get a 50 pk for $5.Of course
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-20-2009 - 1:55pm
also i'd advise not stocking up on diapers no telling what brand your child may be allergic too or may just not fit the shape of your child...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-20-2009 - 4:09pm

We are actually using cloth diapers but we want to wait a few weeks to start since this is our first & I know we will already have a learning curve to just being parents!

Thanks for the recommendations on brands! We have a sample pack of lots of different kinds/brands to start with until we decide what we like and find most useful.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-20-2009 - 4:13pm

Thanks for the advice. I got the new "pure & natural" diapers and all the wipes/lotions are the sensitive/hypo allergenic. I know that doesn't mean anything for sure but I hate the idea of all the chemicals used in baby products. Eeek.

I know that not all brands of diapers work for all babies but at that price I couldn't pass them up. If they don't work for us I will gladly donate them to the women & children's shelter. One of my favorite parts of being frugal is the ability to give to charities like the shelters & food banks because we get such great deals on items they can use.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-20-2009 - 11:24pm

Thanks for the heads up. I don't usually shop Kroger, but I will for this sale, it is cheaper than I can get at Meijer on sale with a coupon this way, and I have coupons that I can use also.

Thank you. And Congratulations on the new baby!

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-21-2009 - 4:27pm
Glad to help. I don't find that Kroger typically has the cheapest prices/best sales either but this time it was the best use of my coupons so I was happy to go there!
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-21-2009 - 5:09pm

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Email me through my profile if you like for me to mail you some huggies coupons. I use pampers and stockpiled them like crazy before DD was born. I can't use cloth b/c of daycare and DH just flat out refused.

Babies R Us has a deal that if you buy 9 value packs (they are $40.99 for pampers) you get the 10th value pack free. Plus you can you use coupons. I think the huggies are a little bit cheaper than Pampers.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-21-2009 - 10:10pm

If you already shop at Kroger and don't have the time to wait for sales try their in house brand.

We use the Kroger Brand - Comforts - look for the green box with a bee on it. We tried them on a whim back in Feb, and have only bought those since. For the large box they are regularly $16.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-21-2009 - 10:55pm
I think it's worth it to stock up. Even if you can't use the Huggies, you can take them back to the store and exchange them for another brand. You should be able to get a credit for the shelf price of the Huggies, and use that toward the price of whatever else you're buying. You could probably make the exchange at ANY store that sells Huggies, not just Kroger.
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-22-2009 - 10:57am
Out of all the disposible diapers my fav. Was the swaddlers size 1-2.My kids lasted a long time in them and they seemed like they where a bit better made then the regular pampers we also had less leaks and broken tabs. If by any chance a name brand diaper tab fails or it leaks
Photobucket